Thread: help with bathing washing

help with bathing washing

Im in a housing association house but cannot bath or use the shower. Cannot get in the bath also to unsteady on my feet to take a shower in the very small bath. I cannot ask for some sort of walk in shower as the bath would have to be removed as room is very small also my kids and partner wouldn't go for that. Not being able to bath for so long doesn't do much for my mental health. i have been in this situation for many years but something really needs done. im on PIP both enhanced rates if that helps

Your first step should be to talk to your Housing Associations welfare team.

What is your issue with getting in and out of the bath?
    Is it balance, or not being able to step high enough, or something else?

There are all kinds of aids, seats, and even hoists to help you get into and out of a bath.

There are even baths that have doors in the side so that you can walk in, close the door and fill the bath. (or have a shower if the shower is over the bath).

Would a handrail or similar enable you to stand under the shower?

The HA welfare team would evaluate just what was needed to enable you to bathe adequately, and in most cases can even provide and fit whatever is needed.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

The Democrat5is Peoples Republic of Nottingham
    I had a very similar problem as you have. My local authority OT came around & assessed me & straight away put on the list for a level access shower / walk in shower. Took nearly two years thanks to the Coronavirus but eventuall the work was done last September.
    As much as I never liked showers much preferring a soak in the bath this walk in shower is fantastic & would never ever want to go back to a bath again. The council paid for the work & didn't cost me a cent.
    The beauty is to save a bit of money my wife can join me in the shower too, plenty of room