Thread: PIP Review

PIP Review

I am in shock and feel no matter what evidence you send PIP they just don't read and take notice off it. Ive sent them 82 pages off my medical conditions from hospitals ect and how im affected yet being seriously unwell means nothing to them as ive been told i need an assessment which i don't really mind but i want a face to face so i can see them watching how ill i am someone along this route needs to feel the guilt.

The Democrat5is Peoples Republic of Nottingham
    I had a telephone assessment a couple of days ago & believe me a telephone assessment is far better than a f2f any day of the week.

82 pages is too much.

They will be disinclined to read that much, or will just skim through it.

You need someone to help you cut it down to just what is needed.
    And then do a front sheet with a summary of the important points, pointing to the page where more details can be read.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I sent in two letters for evidence, one from my Consultant Psychiatrist detailing the affect my condition has on my abilities to complete the descriptors the other from my GP again detailing my disabilities and the affect the have on my daily living.

I cut down the amount of evidence I sent from my previous PIP reassessment where I had to go to a tribunal to be awarded any PIP. I hoped just the two letters would not tax both the assessors and the decision makers too much and that therefore my PIP review would go more smoothly.

Again, it did not.

I had to go to a Mandatory Reconsideration to get back any PIP. I still believe I am entitled to standard mobility as my disabilities have a massive impact on my ability to leave my home to go on a journey, for the majority of every day.

I was telephoned at home to be told the outcome of the M R which did not prove to be the actual case when my letter arrived.

I have now had to resort to going back to a tribunal once again.

So Tony19 I'd say, you're damned if you've sent too much evidence and you're equally damned if you don't. If you can seek help from an organisation, which I cannot, then I'd say go for the help and advice they can offer, to help you send the best evidence.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    82 pages is too much.

They will be disinclined to read that much, or will just skim through it.

You need someone to help you cut it down to just what is needed.
    And then do a front sheet with a summary of the important points, pointing to the page where more details can be read.
    I think it depends on what the evidence is. I always thought that, until a friend I was helping sent in 10 pages as evidence and got zero points, despite having been on the higher rate of everything for 20+ years (DLA then PIP), had to go all the way to appeal. The last twice he has sent in 200+ pages, including a couple of 75+ page psychiatrist reports/evaluations, and been awarded enhanced on both first time on paper based assessments.

The only downside is they keep giving him 3 year awards, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

Thank you all so much for your replies, I sent so much evidence because on the review form it asked for copies off all hospital admissions and outcomes. I spend so much time in and out off hospital over the past 3 years since my last award I thought it might be the best thing to do to be honest with PIP. Only plus side is despite many hospital admissions I've never caught covid 19 😀.

A friend of mine who’s suffered MH for years has recently applied for pip , he’s got fantastic psychiatric supporting letters going back years and had great support for his GP, he had a telephone assessment , had an advocate with him and still got zero points. I’d agree with buble48 and say you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t . It’s pot luck whether you get an assessor who takes your evidence into account or just wants to make things more difficult for you. Decent evidence should win out in the end but going to a tribunal surely just costs more money so it’s just unbelievable that someone with good strong evidence to back up their struggles/conditions should made to . It must be that they hope most will just give up coz of the extra stress it’ll cause.

The Democrat5is Peoples Republic of Nottingham
    I have alway's said it is the luck of the draw with assessors. I'm also a firm believer that the DWP know a lot of failed claimants will not pursue an appeal at the tribunal. My advice to anyone in that situation to go the whole mile, first MR then tribunal if nescesary.