Thread: Christmas Bonus

Christmas Bonus

Got the letter from the DWP telling me about the Xmas bonus,now it was dated the 6th Dec and arrived today 21st Dec who do we thank for such a prompt service Royal Mail or DWP. incidently I got the money in my account the 12th Dec

Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    Got the letter from the DWP telling me about the Xmas bonus,now it was dated the 6th Dec and arrived today 21st Dec who do we thank for such a prompt service Royal Mail or DWP. incidently I got the money in my account the 12th Dec
    I had a letter from the DWP dated 1st December that came just yesterday, practically 3 weeks after it was dated. I suspect the problem is with Royal Mail, though, I recently have also had mail such as bank statements take longer to arrive, and even a letter from my local council took two and a half weeks to get to me

We had a Christmas card once arrive in October and when I spoke to my sister to ask why she had sent it so early, she replied by saying that she hadn't and the card we had received was from the previous year!

The Democrat5is Peoples Republic of Nottingham
    A friend of mine, a postman tells me that there are many postal workers off sick with the Chinese Flu at the moment & there is a pandemic.
    If your bonus is in your bank account before you receive the DWP letter what is the problem ???
    I am lost for words.

I got mine earlier this month, this thread prompted me to look on my bank account. I haven't got a letter but so what?

Got my payment weeks ago only just got letter yesterday dated the 6th dec

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I got mine earlier this month, this thread prompted me to look on my bank account. I haven't got a letter but so what?
    My point entirely,don't spend it all at once.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    My point entirely,don't spend it all at once.
    Well it"s worth less every year isn"t it. What could you buy with it when it was first introduced? Turkey and stuffing !! you just get the stuffing now Jingle bells everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    A friend of mine, a postman tells me that there are many postal workers off sick with the Chinese Flu at the moment & there is a pandemic.
    If your bonus is in your bank account before you receive the DWP letter what is the problem ???
    I am lost for words.
    No one said there was a problem, it was just a statement

Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    No one said there was a problem, it was just a statement
    Correct, with a hint of sarcasm added