Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Christmas Bonus

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    419

    Christmas Bonus

    Got the letter from the DWP telling me about the Xmas bonus,now it was dated the 6th Dec and arrived today 21st Dec who do we thank for such a prompt service Royal Mail or DWP. incidently I got the money in my account the 12th Dec

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    Got the letter from the DWP telling me about the Xmas bonus,now it was dated the 6th Dec and arrived today 21st Dec who do we thank for such a prompt service Royal Mail or DWP. incidently I got the money in my account the 12th Dec
    I had a letter from the DWP dated 1st December that came just yesterday, practically 3 weeks after it was dated. I suspect the problem is with Royal Mail, though, I recently have also had mail such as bank statements take longer to arrive, and even a letter from my local council took two and a half weeks to get to me

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    27
    We had a Christmas card once arrive in October and when I spoke to my sister to ask why she had sent it so early, she replied by saying that she hadn't and the card we had received was from the previous year!

  4. #4
    Senior Member gus607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Democrat5is Peoples Republic of Nottingham
    Posts
    699
    A friend of mine, a postman tells me that there are many postal workers off sick with the Chinese Flu at the moment & there is a pandemic.
    If your bonus is in your bank account before you receive the DWP letter what is the problem ???
    I am lost for words.

  5. #5
    Senior Member beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,093
    I got mine earlier this month, this thread prompted me to look on my bank account. I haven't got a letter but so what?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    137
    Got my payment weeks ago only just got letter yesterday dated the 6th dec

  7. #7
    Senior Member gus607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Democrat5is Peoples Republic of Nottingham
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I got mine earlier this month, this thread prompted me to look on my bank account. I haven't got a letter but so what?
    My point entirely,don't spend it all at once.

  8. #8

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    My point entirely,don't spend it all at once.
    Well it"s worth less every year isn"t it. What could you buy with it when it was first introduced? Turkey and stuffing !! you just get the stuffing now Jingle bells everyone.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    A friend of mine, a postman tells me that there are many postal workers off sick with the Chinese Flu at the moment & there is a pandemic.
    If your bonus is in your bank account before you receive the DWP letter what is the problem ???
    I am lost for words.
    No one said there was a problem, it was just a statement

  10. #10
    Senior Member gus607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Democrat5is Peoples Republic of Nottingham
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by StueyR View Post
    No one said there was a problem, it was just a statement
    Correct, with a hint of sarcasm added

Similar Threads

  1. Esa Christmas bonus question ?
    By Sarahlouise12 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-07-15, 07:12
  2. Christmas Bonus
    By tommo in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-01-13, 09:52
  3. Christmas Bonus
    By galeforce81 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-12-12, 01:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •