Thread: child incontinence

child incontinence

don't know if anyone can help here but my 6yr old daughter has just been diagnosed with incontinence. We have guessed this for a while but with lock down it took some time to see anyone about it. So can i get any sort of help with this. Also as she goes to school i need to know if they could help in anyway. I did ask her school but they didn't have a clue. And at home she has to use pull ups but not at school As this would be very embarrassing if the school is not willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by davy View Post
    .. as she goes to school i need to know if they could help in anyway. I did ask her school but they didn't have a clue. And at home she has to use pull ups but not at school As this would be very embarrassing if the school is not willing to help.
    Have another word with the school, writing a letter will usually get a better reply.

Schools are entirely used to young pupils wearing nappies and pull ups, they probably weren't clueless but just didn't see it as anything different from what has become something they deal with everyday.

This 'eric' (The Childrens Bowel & Bladder Charity) article from 2016 discusses it: https://www.eric.org.uk/news/rise-in...ool-in-nappies
    Although 77% of education staff said they feel confident they could identify a child with ongoing continence problems, as opposed to occasional toileting accidents, 29% said they do not think they have a good enough understanding of the reasons, either medical, physical or psychological, that might cause continence problems in children.
    "Children who have continence conditions may need an individual health care plan. The plan details what support they will receive at school and who will be responsible for their care and helps schools manage regular wetting and soiling accidents.”
    You may find more of interest and/or to support you on the eric website.
    In particular there is a section on Help at School: https://www.eric.org.uk/Pages/Category/help-at-school
    Last edited by nukecad; 16-12-21 at 00:33.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you for the links i will have a good look. Thanks again NUKECAD