Thread: Tooth Infection Argh!

Tooth Infection Argh!

No fun in usual times, but more stressful now. Being on the Extremely Vulnerable list for Covid the thought of lying down with my mouth wide open & two people in there does not fill me with warm fuzzy feelings!

Spoke to the dentist on the phone she has said she is going to try & tide me over the Christmas period with a course of AB's & make a treatment plan in the new year. To be honest nothings going to change for the better between now & then covid wise.

So I will see what the AB's do to help I don't know how long a course she has given me, & take it from there. It's in a tooth that had root canal treatment & then crowned, so It will be another root canal treatment. I can't wait!

Anyone else who's extremely vulnerable to covid had dental treatment?

Hubby has and he was fine. His dentist was wearing all the appropriate gear. I suppose it depends on how concientious you dentist is.

The Democrat5is Peoples Republic of Nottingham
    My wife had a tooth extracted last week. What hurts the most is the NHS cost. 63 out of a OAP.
    Disgraceful.

Thank you beau, so pleased hubby was OK.

She has given me a fair old wack of ab's to be taken 4 times a day! but unfortunately nowhere does it say for how long, so I'm guessing until they are gone. Come on Amoxy you can do it!.

But I know I will need it to be drilled out & re filled to stop it coming back at some point. Once the Ab's are finished I will call & get an appointment to make a plan. Covids going nowhere after being so extremely careful for so long & then have to do this sods law

Jeez that's a lot of money on the NHS gus!

Well I'm back from the what the heck are we going to do with you now appointment.

X-ray taken & I've still got some infection left in it, which I knew because it still hurts. I've got less strength ab's this time & less often a day, so knowing me I'm unsure if that will kill what's left but we can only try what you are given.

I had a decision to make. He could take the crown off trying to not break it & do a root canal treatment. But it's not guaranteed that the crown won't break. Obviously if that happened then I would need to pay for another one as well as the root canal treatment.

The bill is 436.50 without the cost of making a new crown. It's a private dentist I can't get to any other dentist so no choice there.

Or the other option is to pull it out. I didn't ask how much that costs but a heck of a lot less.

If the tooth was one that didn't show I would choose pull it out, but unfortunately it's the high tooth at the front. I'm always smiling & can't get my head around the gappy look

I could have dentures made because I have a lot of back teeth missing that were pulled out. But I reach easy some people do some people don't & I know I would struggle with something in my mouth like that.

So I've gone with take crown off, maybe pay for a new one, & do the root canal treatment. Next trouble is no appointments until first week in Feb I'm unsure if the AB's will keep the pain down or away until then but we shall see.

I know I'm probably being vain

Beware that root canal treatment is not always successful. I paid for that and beause of calcium build up on top of the root no matter how hard the dentist tried he couldn't get through it. It made the pain even worse and I had to have it extracted anyway. The whole lot cost me a fortune. Luckily it was a back tooth.

Thanks beau, sorry that you went all through that