Thread: Boot Help

Boot Help

I have a puller to get my boot zips up which works well.
    My problems start when wanting to unzip them to get them off.
    Any ideas if there is any aid on the market that will help to unzip them? Looked about and can see nothing but maybe someone has a solution.

I am unable to bend to unzip

Can you simply put a keyring, or a loop of cord, through the zipper thingymabob and then use puller to push it down?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I know what you mean Nukecad but the pullers are not long enough to push down without me bending plus it is a hook so it would come unhooked.
    To get them zipped up I have to attach the hook to the zip before I attempt to put them on. Had to extend the puller with a ribbon so I can hold it whilst putting the boots on then pull.

I think that once they are on you are expected to keep them on. Can't understand why an aid has not been designed that will unzip boot zips

Another longer stick with a nail/hook in the side for pushing?

Eg. A 3 foot length of wooden brush handle, or a bit thinner, with a bent nail in the end may not look elegant but should do the job.
    Or one of those helping hand grabbers, they often have a push hook on the end.

I'm sure you've probably already got something long enough that could push a keyring.

Thanks Nukecad, that is a thought. I will see what I can devise. Got loads of grabbers scattered around the house.
    I am surprised that nobody has devised an aid to undo boot zips, there are plenty out there that will unzip dresses.

I'm making no comments about unzipping dresses - except that when it needs to happen you find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I'm making no comments about unzipping dresses - except that when it needs to happen you find a way.
    LOL
    Male fingers can be very useful at times.