Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Esa wait time nearly 2 hours

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Esa wait time nearly 2 hours

Is this a record waited 2 hours on the phone this afternoon but to no avail no one answered the phone by that time they were closed unbelievable what it was got a text telling me call dwp straight away Iíve just moved home told universal credit but did not get round to telling esa my new address in the support group but some of my esa gets paid fortnightly and once a month I get my universal credit payment any ideas will call first thing Monday morning

Hi robbie66,

I can't help you with why you have to call the DWP but a little trick re phoning them. Call at 8am & once you have gone through all the press this & that, & placed in a queue, then randomly press any key on your phone a couple of times. This seems to put you in a different waiting list because they think you don't know how to work out what you need to press.

I've found it cuts the waiting times down a lot & you seem to get a more friendly person answering the phone too because they think your having difficulty with the phone system. They used to be open Saturday mornings too but don't know if they still do or not.

Got a random text to say that to call dwp to discuss my esa claim at 15.05 was still on the phone at 17.10 by that time they were closed unbelievable think itís to do with my change of address as I did not inform esa that I moved at the beginning of the week did inform universal credit and pip kinda thought universal credit would but I believe you have to tell them as well so will call first thing Monday morning as they can suspend your claim I believe

Unfortunately it's not unusual to spend a long time waiting,

The DWP say that the average is about 10 minutes, but nobody has yet been able to pin down just what they are measuring.
    We all know that it's much, much longer than that.

And don't believe them when they say they will call at a certain time, it hardly ever happens.

However:
    From what you say then you have both Contribution Based ESA and UC which is Income Related.

A change of address means nothing to either (unless your rent changes in which case your UC Housing Element will change to suit) other than where to send any letters, as long as your bank is the same you payments will still go in
    Last edited by nukecad; 27-11-21 at 15:41.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Well that wasnít to bad 25 minutes from start to finish it was to do with my change of address now need to sort out universal credit as there paying my housing costs theyíve Made a mistake saying my rent is £94 a month as opposed to £94 a week did ask to upload my housing costs but to no avail it just goes to show that they donít look at your housing costs and presume itís £94 a month

LOL, at least UC got mine correct as weekly rent.

One thing with the UC journal, you don't have to spend hours on the phone just type it in and send it.

Hi nukecad having a problem with universal credit on my journal sent a message on the 29th November not heard a thing back as they paid me the incorrect housing costs before I moved it was not a problem for some one on universal credit to get back to me say with in an hour or so but since moving to a different part of Dorset itís not been so good so how would you go about making a complaint ?

Sorry I can't remember if you are LCWRA.
    If you are then you won't have a Work Coach and so no one will be looking at your journal regularly.

But even if you have a WC the journal is not live chat, and they don't automatically acknowlege messages.
    They check things out before replying so it can take time to get a reply.

Example- I put a message on last week to change an appointment, got an answer back today that the 'to-do' has been changed and giving the new date.

Have you tried ringing the UC enquiry line?
    Apparently it's quicker than ESA, but you'll still probably get a numpty.

Yes in LWRA transferred over from ESA in March got a message from an Emma the other day to say my housing costs have been updated think she is a case manager yes pot luck who you get on the phone you can get the most knowledgeable person or as you say a complete numpty well just pluck up the courage and by luck got the most knowledgeable person he said there just waiting on someone to press a button to pay my full correct housing costs for December

Sorry should have read LWCRA in the support group