Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting work - Universal credit switchover?

Thanks so much Nukecad,

I was a little too quick off the mark when replying back to them with my post above (Iím actually shaking so it may of been slight in incoherent), Iíve also copy and pasted to my journal the guidance you provided to me just now, thankyou.

I did tell them about the job when asked Ďare you starting work in the next month?í But changed it on Saturday morning to Ďnoí under Ďreport a change of circumstancesí.

When asked about job searches I simply wrote Ďcurrently claiming ESA support group.í
    Last edited by Stressedout1; 01-12-21 at 15:44.

Iím hoping they correct this before actually referring me over to a WCA, hope Iím not too late.

I don't think they can refer for a WCA before the commitments meeting.

That's all about what you can/can't/should/shouldn't be doing so it wouldn't make any sense to refer before that is done.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thatís reassuring to know, Funny because in a frantic effort to prevent this happening Iíve bombarded my journal with extensive guidelines to why I shouldnít need another WCA lol.

I will take a written copy of the more structured and coherent guidance you provided with me to the CC appointment. Thank you.
    Last edited by Stressedout1; 01-12-21 at 16:46.

Without offence - bombarding your journal is probably not a good idea - (but it does go to support your MH issues).

Might be a good idea to stop that and give them a chance to work things out and get back to you.

Yes Nukecad, you are absolutely right.

I was in such a panic (I suffer with severe anxiety along with depression) that they may of referred me for another WCA before checking their claims, frankly outraged me, because everything I have learnt from you on this forum (invaluable helpful information I might add) and believe they were either misinformed or trying to pull the wool over my eyes trying not to honour my ESA SG entitlement.

Now that Iíve had a chance to calm down I regret the excessive 4 replies in total, copy and pasting the regulations, the poor bloke will read my replies and probably think Iím a maniac! Lol, Iím not, just some struggling bloke with physical debilitating health problems coupled with anxiety and depression who has just given up there ESA SG entitlement of over 4 years, declined a job offer (I never thought I would get )and now stand to lose my UC if they donít do their job properly, all in the space of a weekÖi wish I had just left well alone, I only have myself to blame.
    Last edited by Stressedout1; 01-12-21 at 19:21.

Don't beat yourself up.

Moving to UC is going to be a good move for you once things are sorted out properly, just give things time to settle down.

I hope they do Nukecad and donít try and pull a fast one and refer my to another WCA just because thatís what they think the rules state, even if they are wrong..

Still havenít heard a reply back in the journal from the case manager, who thought I needed to be Ďreassessed on UC due to me previously receiving enhanced disability premium ESA, not severe disability premium ESA due to ĎTransitional Protectioní purposesí!? Iím still astounded how little they understand, itís like they make it up as they go along!

Got another message on my journal today about CC appointment tomorrow being moved locations, from a temporary Jobcentre (I think was set up to handle influx of new uc claimants)back to the old JC building I had my ID appointment. I shall take the guidance you have provided Nukecad and pray they donít screw me over with the WCA referal, fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Stressedout1; 02-12-21 at 18:58.

Well it gets stranger by the minuteÖ

Iíve had another notification to check my journal today and in my Ďto do listí the Ďprepare for CC appointmentí has been replaced by Ďaccept claimant commitmentí? I was simply told to report any changes of circumstances and check my journal regularly, accepted that and now my Ďto do listí is empty?

Scrolling down my journal my original CC appointment for today has been cancelled, but Iím not sure if this has been cancelled altogether (because Iíve completed CC online this morning), or simply because they contacted me yesterday at 5pm to say the location of appointment has changed to another JC with a different address than the original one? Iíll still attend but Iíve got a feeling now Iíve accepted the CC online the appointment has been bypassed..

Another thing is I did another check on my Ďadvance payment limití this morning and it has now changed from £320 odd which is only standard rate to £668 which is the LCWRA element on topÖso looks like they have acknowledged my ESA SG entitlement after all..

Hopefully they donít still refer me for another WCA (which the case manager said they would do just a few days ago) because I now have no way of knowing their plan of action if I no longer have to attend the appointment. Iím going to attend this afternoon just in case anyway.
    Last edited by Stressedout1; 03-12-21 at 14:39.

I attended the JC appointment at the rearranged location and was seen by a different person altogether.

I was told as I was in a certain category (canít remember their exact words) I donít have a work coach, and as I already completed Claimant commitment online there was nothing else to do. The appointment was cancelled altogether, not just the original location.

So bit of a wasted journey but wanted to be on the safe side. Hopefully that is that, still paranoid of any potential WCA referrals they may or may not have submitted, guess Iíll have to wait and see if anything pops through the post.
    Last edited by Stressedout1; 03-12-21 at 14:49.