Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Starting work - Universal credit switchover?

Quote Originally Posted by Stressedout1 View Post
    I was told as I was in a certain category (canít remember their exact words) I donít have a work coach, and as I already completed Claimant commitment online there was nothing else to do. The appointment was cancelled altogether, not just the original location.
    Looks like they cancelled it altogether after you got the appointment, did you check your journal before setting out?
    Maybe your messages about reg.19 gave them a kick as expected.

I hate wasted trips to the JC, but in this case:
    That's actually GOOD news.

You don't have a Work Coach because you have been put in the 'No work related requirements' group.

And there is only one thing that could have put you in that group - they have now carried LCWRA over from your ESA Gupport Group.

So you can put your mind at rest about that.

Your claimant commitment will simply be that:
    1. You have to look at your journal regularly. (To see if they have sent you any messages).
    2. You have to tell them if your circumstances change. (ie if you get better, move house, etc.)

Congratulations - Your UC claim is completed - You've done the ID, your Claimant Commitment is sorted out, there is nothing more to do apart from waiting for the first payment.
    It wasn't that bad after all was it?
    I'd keep an eye on your journal every day or two for a while, just in case they do send you something else.
    (You could try looking at an advance again to see if they have now put the amount up).

Your UC claim has gone fine, in fact it's going much quicker than mine is. I claimed 3 weeks ago and haven't had my Claimant Commitment meeting yet.
    (PS. My CC meeting has now also been changed, that's because I asked them to make it for later than 10 in the morning).
    Last edited by nukecad; 03-12-21 at 15:10.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi Nukecad,

Yes I checked my journal before attending my appointment, it simply stated I had completed the claimant commitment (which it did online) and scrolling further down the journal confirmation of the cancellation of the appointment.

Thatís very reassuring that I may of been placed into the LCWRA due to not having a work coach, thatís a massive relief!

I do believe submitting all correct regulations has made them amend my claim (even if I didnít get a reply back), thatís down to your brilliant help Nukecad, thank you.

I did check my advance payment limit and it has now updated to £668, which is another indication Iíve moved over correctly.

No it wasnít as bad as I predicted! it was only the incorrect journal message from the case manager that got me into a bit of a frenzied state, glad itís all done now (touch wood). I will check my journal everyday day just in case of any updates.

I had read your helpful thread about the process of you migrating over to UC, In comparison it makes me realise how quickly they have sorted my transfer over to UC. Hope all goes well on your CC appointment (no doubt youíll be fine and Iím sure if they do put any unnecessary hurdles in the way you will put them right!). I shall be interested to know how you get on, no doubt youíll be relieved once itís all been completed, like I am.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Stressedout1; 03-12-21 at 15:58.

No worries,

The fact that the advance amount.had gone up.is.confirmation that they.have now added the LCWRA.

Renember that if you decide you do want an advance you can take one anytime up to.your first payment.
    You don't have to take it all, just what you need/want.

Mine is taking a bit longer because the CC appointment has been changed a couple of times, once at my request.
    Plus i'll be in the 'work related activities' group so I do have a work coach to see.

PS. This stupid phone keeps putting dots instead of spaces,sorry.
    Last edited by nukecad; 03-12-21 at 16:38.

Phew, thatís a relief.

Iím fortunate enough to have a small amount put aside to tide me over until my first UC payment, so Iíll be ok until then.

I think if I read correctly from your UC migration post i should expect my last ESA payment next week, so really itís only an extra week to wait (3 weeks instead of 2) for my next payment. Plus Iím slightly paranoid, knowing my luck Iíd take an advance payment, repaid over 12 months say, then be reassessed in the mean time (case manager hasnít helped my anxiety) and kicked off LCWRA/LCW and have the stress of having to repay any owing amounts to the DWP on top of dealing with MR and tribunals, Iíll keep it simple and just wait I think.

I imagine your appointments with a work coach at the JC would be quite infrequent? Hopefully so and they donít bother you too much.

I remember when I was first put on to ESA back in early 2016 and was placed in to ESA WRAG, I only saw a Ďwork coachí once at the Jobcentre before being shipped off to the 2 year (I think) Ďwork programmeí which required weekly attendance, what an epic waste of time that was! getting into the Support Group mid 2017 rescued me out of it after 16 or so months of tedious weekly box ticking appointments, been relatively hassle free in regards to any Jobcentre dealings for several years now, hope that trend continues for now.
    Last edited by Stressedout1; 03-12-21 at 18:13.

Lol, your experience sounds a lot like mine.

Work Programme included- which is actually why I joined here in the first place.
    (In the days before I learned what I know now).

But yes for the past six years or so since my time on the Work Programme ended, my Jobcenter visits - I'm WRAG/LCW remember - have been six months or longer.
    I don't expect any difference on UC, or not much anyway.
    Last edited by nukecad; 04-12-21 at 03:55.