Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warm Home Discount 2021/2022

Hi guys I logged into Octopus today and its now approved, took much longer than the past 2 years but its been done.

LOL, Just had my latest bill, estimated although I had sent them a reading, and between the last one and this one my WHD has been used up already, I owe them 9.
    (Now that I'm on UC I've set up a direct debit anyway).

Interestingly I also tried again yesterday to get smart meters installed - I'm sure I'd asked for them before and they push them in every email that they send.
    But when I try to book an appointment online I just get - "We are not fitting Smart Meters at this time, we will contact you when we are able to again".
    Why push them if they are not currently fitting them?
    I do have Smart Meters, there's a British Gas in-home display here, but I guess they are the SMETS1 that couldn't be transfered between companies.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

It's been a full 11 weeks now since Shell Energy sent me an email saying they had received my application for the Warm Home Discount and were looking into the matter.In a couple of month's time my yearly contract with them will expire...I don't know why but i get the feeling that they do not want to deal with this matter until i have signed up for another year with them,as in the past,other companies have settled the issue in a matter of weeks..Soon,i might be wanting to switch from Shell,but i am wary of doing this while my Warm Home Discount claim is still pending....Anyone else out there in the same boat?

Its there, just checked my online gas account and just sitting there was my WHD 140 as I said before it was usually there by mid jan, even when they say end of march well its there now so I can put my heating on no prob I pay the same amount fortnightly all year even when in credit
    Last edited by StueyR; 19-01-22 at 19:28.