Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warm Home Discount 2021/2022

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Warm Home Discount 2021/2022

Sorry if a thread already exists, I couldnt find one.

Has anyone been waiting longer than usual this year?

Just over 3 months wait so far with Octopus, it says pending and isnt asking me to send in evidence, they said some applications are picked for proof, but wouldnt tell me if thats why mine is been delayed.

Mine still hasn't arrived yet with EDF. Normally it comes through for me in early November.

Quote Originally Posted by Fight4Justice View Post
    Mine still hasn't arrived yet with EDF. Normally it comes through for me in early November.
    Wow you are lucky. I'm with EDF and have to wait until February for payment. I think they think people with key meters can wait.

Had mine with SSE. In previous years I've never seen it before the end of the year (last year's application didn't come through until late Feb of this year) so was quite surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    Sorry if a thread already exists, I couldnt find one.

Has anyone been waiting longer than usual this year?

Just over 3 months wait so far with Octopus, it says pending and isnt asking me to send in evidence, they said some applications are picked for proof, but wouldnt tell me if thats why mine is been delayed.
    Similar here.Maybe they are trying to wait until April time to credit your account?..I have a feeling that they will want you to stay with them until after the big price rises come through in the Spring,and if you choose to leave then maybe you will not get your discount.That's my theory anyway,because in the past it has taken no more than a few weeks to receive credit after making the application for help.If my theory sounds stupid then please feel free to say so .

When I was with Scottish Power it never turned up before late January, usually in February.

Now that I'm with SSE it's already been credited to my account (Although I haven't been informed that my appliction was sucessful yet LOL).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I am with EDF and have got mine already, got it at beginning of October.

I was with Pure Planet as my energy provider but found a better deal with Avro. I was a little worried about being able to apply for the Warm Home Discount if I changed supplier so close to when applications normally open, as I knew that the discount was done on a first come basis for wider group applications, so I called Avro and had a chat with them. They were very re-assuring and said the changeover process would be completed within three weeks and their WHD application process was due to open in four weeks so it would be fine.

I changed to Avro, getting an email from them to say my changeover would complete on 22/09/21 but then the press announced that Avro had gone bump on that day too! We seemed to disappear into the cracks between suppliers for a while but I've now had an email from Octopus saying they have taken over as my supplier but nothing since, so I suppose I have no chance of getting the discount this year as I haven't even been able to apply yet.

Gutted really, as with the way energy prices are changing I am just not sure how we will be able to pay the bill, whenever we do actually get one!

Just wanted to give an update on my Warm Home Discount with EDF. I received an email saying I've qualified for the rebate but will have to wait until end of Feb for it to come through as payment.

Regarding Cornwall's comment above. That's the same for me too. When I said it comes through for me in early Nov I was talking about the email saying I qualify. I think my payment comes in later on like you.

Just glad everything is sorted now. Hope others get theirs too.

[QUOTE=Fight4Justice;176249]Just wanted to give an update on my Warm Home Discount with EDF. I received an email saying I've qualified for the rebate but will have to wait until end of Feb for it to come through as payment.

Got the same from British Gas I been getting it for years, I normally get end Jan mid Feb years back I got it in mid nov, strange things do happen