Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Link To Check If It's A Power Cut

Thanks so much beau,

They said so far that it's not cancer, it's a (GIST) tumour that's not cancerous. But if any tumour is left the cells within it can over time turn to cancer. As far as I know they have not done a biopsy, but they have had many chances to do one when they have done the camera, so she may well of had one done without them knowing even though they would of told them.

Yes she is deffo anaemic before they found the tumour they gave her b12 pills now an infusion, thanks for the info on magnesium & calcium.

Also the last Dr she saw was a gynaecologist, we have absolutely no idea why it's a gynaecologist at all because the tumour is in the stomach!. That's who she is seeing again Friday.

It's incredibly difficult trying to piece the mixed up info they tell us. And we know they will only remember half of what they are told. If how they are started now you would say it's advanced dementia of some sort, but they have been like this at least since their 20's.

It may well be prudent for them to be accompanied to appointments by someone who can make sense of what they are being told. I know folk are restricted in who can accompany them but it should be allowed if the circumstances are explained.

I think you are right beau, it's made harder because Uncle cannot go with Auntie, he's either outside or in the cafe. If you have two people who can remember half of what's being said & going on, the chances are they would both remember different bits of the day. But we are down to one.

If you're diagnosed with dementia there is rightly so a lot of help out there. My neighbour was diagnosed with dementia & you wouldn't believe how many people go into hers every day it's like a revolving door of a large hotel. Very noisy from 8.30am until 9.30pm.

Right more confusion & general Pi**ed of ness because now you know the you have nothing wrong, that then turned out to be you have a tumour in the stomach? Well now they are saying there are two tumours in the stomach.

FFS (For Fishcake Sake)

How the F**k can they get away with treating people like this? Disgusting.

Now to the muddle of what they can remember.

It was not the same Dr they saw last time, it was not the op (which Auntie thought it would be) thought that might not of been right. She now has two (GIST) tumours they are still saying not cancerous but who can trust what they are saying we can't!.

It's a big op, they will take a large amount of her tummy out with the two tumours. She will likely be in there for 10 days. She is not overly over weight but has been told the more weight she can loose the better for the op (she didn't ask why). Was given different tablets to take (she does not know what they are for & didn't ask) They said they are going to try & get her in better shape before the op & if they don't think she is well enough at the time of the op they won't do it. They think it will be in about three weeks.

Confused? join the club

Auntie has had another letter, they are going to try & take the smallest one out through the mouth on Friday. I asked if she had the acid to try & shrink it. She didn't even know anything about that at all. Nothing, narda. She has no memory of that being said to her & her telling us. So we have no idea if she has taken it or not.
    Last edited by StarBright; 18-05-22 at 16:48.

Sounds as if she will have a gastroscopy by which means they can remove things. Much better than having surgery.
    She will have to swallow the gastroscope.

I'm guessing they will sedate her so she is asleep for a short time while they put the camera down & take it out. Hopefully the same kind of stuff they give you when they put the camera down to see inside the tummy.

I think she seems OK with this, I think she gets that it's a lot better than being opened up, though I'm not sure how long they will keep her there once she has come round. I'm guessing it will be a while to make sure it doesn't bleed & she can eat & drink OK.

The smallest one has been taken out. Her appointment was 2pm & she was back home at 5.30. Could not get any more info from her on what they did because she didn't want to know, it's over now was the response.

She finally admitted the cause of these GISTS, though she didn't want to, it was out of her mouth before she realised. She was diagnosed with diabetes many many years ago. She has never ever eaten the correct things & has continued to eat lots of sugar every day.

The Dr's told her that you get these GISTS if you continue to eat sugar despite being diabetic.

We have told her for years & years but because of her undiagnosed mental health illnesses she will continue to abuse her body.

When she visits any medical professional she always sits there swearing blind she eats spaced out meals & never has anything she shouldn't let alone sugar.

Then when you talk to her she says guess what I'm eating?. Two magnums said extremely proudly after the last hospital appointment despite knowing this is what causes the GISTS.

The Dr's & nurses have her on really high doses of insulin & tablets which must also be affecting her body, because all they can do is go with what's said to them.

Huge confusion yesterday. Auntie went in & they said they would try & do it with the camera down the mouth, but they couldn't, something about the lights kept going out. Uncle was so stressed & muddled we've had difficulty understanding him.

There was a horrible nurse that he can't get past that told him to go home with two phone numbers to call to see if she is OK. He couldn't get hold of anyone on them all day until the evening when his son's wife got through.

They said she is in recovery, but she has had a lot done.

So Uncle is going back this morning & is not leaving until he has seen her.

Auntie is still in recovery. They didn't let Uncle see her, he stayed downstairs in the hospital. The nurses gave Auntie her bag so she has been calling him & speaking to him on the phone. They "gave her something & she was sick"

I don't know if this was food, drink or medication but because she was sick they are keeping her in recovery.

We asked Uncle what she had done, he said she didn't say so he didn't ask her. ( I can understand that one)

So their son & daughter in law are off work tomorrow so will go with Uncle to the hospital & hope Uncle can see her, whatever she looks like he will feel better seeing her. It has helped today that he was able to talk to her.

I'm just hoping with everything I can that whatever they had to do was done & once she is better from the op she will be much better. I guess that's all anyone can do. As much as they drive me up the wall sometimes/often you still love them.