Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Link To Check If It's A Power Cut

Had hip replacement midday Tuesday, been waiting all day for patient transfer to get me home. Less than 48 hours and discharged. Need the beds to get the waiting lists down.

Hi Beau,

I have been thinking of you & hoping you are doing OK. Thankful it's finally done now & hope your not in too much pain.

Take very good care x

Thanks StarBright, just muscular pain now from muscles being disturbed, that will get better in time. It is painful but better than bone grinding on bone. Got to work on it now. A 2 night stay rather than the 4 night stay. In and out to get the elective surgery lists down.

Good to hear it's not too bad. Yes a very kick turnaround as a new hip is a big op, & can understand so many people waiting too. Being home & being able to sleep in your own bed must feel so good. I hope you manage to get some well earned sleep tonight as I know being in hospital & trying to sleep at night is difficult.

Elderly family member has two rotten hips due to Arthritis & seeing them struggling is hard to watch at times. Every step hey, every single step x

Thanks, didn't really sleep well as I couldn't get comfortable. You are only supposed to sleep on your back which I cant so have been loaned a raiser so I can sleep sat up but we haven't managed to get the angle right yet.
    Hubby is trying to help me but what with him gasping with heart failure and his cancer has come back is very difficult.
    Couldn't even get a care package like you are supposed to be able to get.

Sorry you didn't sleep well beau. I hope you get the position of the riser right for you asap so you can sleep. Yes it must be so hard for both of you at the mo. Sorry to hear hubbys cancer is back too

Well if you two can't get a care package there is no hope for any of us.

Auntie has had another appointment come through for this Monday a PET scan of abdomen. Elderly family member went with my other elderly family that died of cancer there a lot, little it did for them.

Hope your doing OK beau & Nukad

Auntie went last Saturday to have the look up, but when she got there they asked her for her proof of not having covid test. She didn't know what they were on about. They had only had the letter 2 weeks & didn't see it on there or didn't understand it

So she did all the bowel prep again yesterday & had it done, they did both down the mouth & up bottom which I thought it sounded wrong that they were not doing down the throat one, I guess that was also on the letter

They told her after she does not have cancer, nothing found wrong in the bowel. She has a polyp in her tummy. So she needs to go back & have that taken out.

So I'm guessing the GP will call her sometime soon as the test results go back to the GP who ordered them.

And breathe....

Just when you get over one problem another one drops from the sky.

Driving family member has hurt their leg. Apparently it's been hurting on & off for the last two weeks, but they moved something at work yesterday & now it's agony. This is the first we have heard about a painful leg!. So they had to stop working & go home. They are going to call GP tomorrow morning to get an appointment (good luck with that one, everything crossed here). Suggested to see if they can book an appointment online. We are guessing they might say to have an xray. But obviously they won't be able to drive so it will be a taxi which will cost about £30 one way!.

StarBright, I am fine thanks, getting better daily but it is only 2 1/2 weeks old at the moment. I did do something to it last night trying to get into bed so it has been pretty uncomfortable today.

Hope the member of your family hasn't done anything serious.

Hi beau,

Yes very early days for your op I have been wondering how you have been getting on. Pleased it's feeling better daily up to last night. I hope it settles down again quickly.

Thank you re family member, will see what happens tomorrow

Driving family member managed to get a phone call back from GP this morning, they have done something to the soft tissue in their knee/leg. They did tell family member what it is called but long name as usual.

GP was going to send a email with info about it. Advised ibuprofen gel & putting ice on it. Told to keep weight off it & if no better in two weeks to call again & they will send them to physiotherapy. GP said it's very helpful that driving family member is on holiday this week which will give them a heads start with it healing because they can keep the weight off. Oh & GP said lift nothing heavy.