Thread: How do I request a recording of a DWP phone call?

How do I request a recording of a DWP phone call?

I would like to have a copy of a phone call I received recently from the DWP. Be it an actual sound copy or a written copy of what was said.

Is it actually possible and if so, how do I go about it?

I was told the outcome of my PIP M R, but on receiving my actual decision letter it is different from what I was told over the phone.

Can I use a copy of this phone call in an appeal at a tribunal?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best of luck

I had same; tried to request but they could not trace the call but here is where I went

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-...k-and-pensions

I've found that they only seem to record phone calls that you make into them but not the phone calls that they make to you when I've asked for copies of phone calls I've reveived.

Whether this is true or not is another matter

Thank you for your replies.

I have submitted the online form requesting a copy of the phone and only hope I have better luck than gbhxu has had in the past, although I'm not holding my breath.

I've waited over a year, for the result of my PIP review - yes a year. To then be told what I am going to be awarded by telephone only to discover I have been awarded a lot less in my decision letter.

It looks like my only avenue now is to appeal at a tribunal - with another long wait for that.