Thread: Query

Query

Hello

I had a credit card bill in my last assessment period had to pay the debt off despite the courier not delivering the item.

I have declared reduction in my savings appropriately to Universal Credit.

However, have filled out dispute form with the credit card company as not got the item as the courier have lost it.

If I get money back to my current account in next assessment period do I have to declare another change in savings to Universal Credit having the money back? I am just unsure if a refund from the owner of the item to the credit card itself is a different matter

Thanks
    Last edited by anonymous; 17-11-21 at 17:22.

If your savings/ capital is between 6k and 16k then any reduction or increase in savings that takes you in or out of a £250 band should be declared.

It doesn't matter where it went to* or came from, just what you have in savings/capital.

*(At least not unless any reduction breaches Notional Capital rules).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Sorted that problem out but shame courier lost package but will keep eye out if get refund or not but just hope something comes from it.

I have sent my appeal for ESA; done in October; the DWP responded start of November; wondered how long do you think I would expect to wait - have asked for paper based for the tribunal to decide; do you think be new year now? I am assuming get letter when I am selected for hearing etc before hand?
    Last edited by anonymous; 26-11-21 at 18:54.

Sorry, that's a how long is a piece of string question.

You could try asking the clerk of the court, their contact details should be on any letter from the tribunal.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.