Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me with Motability

Quote Originally Posted by mLV View Post
    Hi Russ
    As you are asking for people their opinions about Motability, I will be quite blunt and tell you how I feel about Motability

I think it is a con and a rip off. Fair enough people get a brand new car, but it not free as many people think it. Also the Salespeople and Motability should be honest and tell the first time customer that they will entirely lose their No Claims bonus. This has happened to me,I have lost 8 years no claim bonus andI have been driving for 20 years without any accidents. I will have to go back as a New Driver with 1 year no claims "thanks to" Motability when I buy my car.

Also another thing I am not happy with is: when you go to Motability they do not facilitate Hire Purchase, ignore the nearly £9k paid over 3 years and want the retail value of the car plus a profit. our current motab car is worth £5k and they asked for £8895 for a nissan note that had got reccurent electrical faults (central locking not working with a locked boot since end nov 2012, mirror not shutting).
    As for the Hire purchase Motability makes up some numbers, the interests do not match the figures and they refuse to send the loan contract in the post

It isi cheaper to buy a pre reg car and run it yourself. the cost of MOT, insurance and servicing does not add to 3k a year.

Anyway i wished I had never applied for it. Good luck in your new job. At the end of the day you are a Salesman looking after your own interest first
    Think you are a bit harsh on Motability. Its a good package at the end of the day. A new car for three years, plus insurance,servicing included, all for exchange of your higher rate DLA. If you leave the scheme, then paying for a car yourself, you will see the difference. Cars arent worth owning outright brand new, as they depreciate quickly. Yes, the NCB can be a problem, but there are some insurance companies that will take your NCB from Motability. I know what I would rather have, Motability or buying my own car outright new. Motabiliy would still win, as they pay for the adaptions, which are expensive.

Yes, Motability do offer the going rate for your car if you want to buy it after 3 years lease. Thats to be expected though, they want some return for the car when it goes back. Your choice if you want to buy it or not.
    Last edited by CTCELT88; 20-01-13 at 18:19.

Hi Russ, are you working next weekend?

I fancy taking a look at a few of your cars. A friend came by today and brought her Civic and I was quite impressed with the boot size, thought I might take a closer look at that and the Jazz.

I think you're the closest Honda dealership to me anyway, I'm only 15 miles away.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

lorraine
    Why don't you give your Mobility Component back then and pay for your own car, how ungrateful are you!! How can a free car be a rip off, if you ever loose your award you may realise how much you were saving. You make me angry.

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    Why don't you give your Mobility Component back then and pay for your own car, how ungrateful are you!! How can a free car be a rip off, if you ever loose your award you may realise how much you were saving. You make me angry.
    WTF!!!!!

I don't have a motability car but even i know its not FREE!!!

If someone is entitled to something then why shouldn't they get the best one to suit their needs. Especially if, for example, the car guzzles petrol. Petrol is certainly not free.

I'm entitled to one but i can't drive, but i don't think anyone is being ungrateful, and i don't blame them for complaining about something that might be wrong.

How many people complain about the NHS and waiting times for example, or Education, or when their bin only gets taken out once a fortnight instead of every week.

Everyone has the right to complain if something isn't satisfactory, whether its 'free' or not.
    Last edited by galeforce81; 29-01-13 at 01:14.

Quote Originally Posted by lorraine View Post
    Who are you talking about?
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Account removed
    Nice to see it has not changed much on here.....