Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new style esa

Quote Originally Posted by buble48 View Post
    Nukecad - does that mean any of us in the Support Group on ESA (contribution based), can expect to receive one of these phone calls or letters in the near future?
    Everyone has to have one as part of the paperwork on their claim and has to be given one of those ESA49 letters.

So if you don't already have one then they'll want it doing at some time.

TBH though it's a bit of nothing and you.may have already done it and been given an ESA49 when you first claimed NS ESA, without knowing just what it was other than another bit of paper.

Of course if you claimed during covid and didn't go to the jobcentre then it may not have been done yet.

In practice I'd think it more likey to be those who have been on Old Stlye ESA for a number of years who.may not have one yet, simply because they didn't need one back when they claimed.

I first claimed in 2011 but didn't have/need an ESA49 until 2017/18? (Not sure but it will be on a thread.here somewhere).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Is it fair to say that people who are in the Work Related Activity Group can now be mandated to carry out some work,or otherwise lose benefits please?

Hello all got phone call at the time that was in my letter, the mans give his name asked my post code
    told me nothing to worry about he seen in my notes about hearing told me iff I have any change in my
    ability to work or look for work just to ring Jobcentre and we are here to help will send a letter to state about call
    and no change at moment still in support group as nukecad said its all about,
    part of the paperwork on their claim and has to be given one of those ESA49 letters.
    regards palmer

ALSO the hole phone call lasted 5 min regards

Nice result,palmer.Time to relax.

Hello Nukecad and everyone,

Are these ESA49 letters being sent out to people in the Support Group (LCWRA) who are on New Style ESA (old contrib. based ESA), or is it being sent out to everyone on ESA? I am on Income-related ESA (legacy) and in the Support Group. Thank you.

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by palmer View Post
    Hello all got phone call at the time that was in my letter, the mans give his name asked my post code
    told me nothing to worry about he seen in my notes about hearing told me iff I have any change in my
    ability to work or look for work just to ring Jobcentre and we are here to help will send a letter to state about call
    and no change at moment still in support group as nukecad said its all about,
    part of the paperwork on their claim and has to be given one of those ESA49 letters.
    regards palmer
    Well done Palmer, but, it caused unnecessary worry, no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jw68 View Post
    Is it fair to say that people who are in the Work Related Activity Group can now be mandated to carry out some work,or otherwise lose benefits please?
    No - the term is "Work Related Activites" - that does not include work, (except in certain special circumstances, see below).

"Work Related Activites" are things like writing an up to date CV, maybe a few practice application letters (but not sending them anywhere), maybe keeping an eye on job adverts (but not applying for any), and so on.

It can also include courses/training - but they don't have any that they can mandate you onto at present.
    They might ask if you want to do the "Work and Health Programme" - but that is entirely voluntary for ESA. (It's only mandatory for long-term Jobseekers, that's those who have been on JSA or UC 'all-work-related-requirements' for over 24 months).

The 'Certain special circumstances' I mentioned above was the now ended "Work Programme" - if you were mandated onto that development/training programme then a work placement might have been an option if it was seen best for your circumstances.
    I did 2 years on the "Work Programme", I never saw anyone claiming ESA sent on a work placement. (And only one JSA claimant who had never had any employment; 1 day a week for two weeks - schoolkids do more work placement than that these days).
    Last edited by nukecad; 20-10-21 at 10:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy44 View Post
    Are these ESA49 letters being sent out to people in the Support Group (LCWRA) who are on New Style ESA (old contrib. based ESA), or is it being sent out to everyone on ESA?
    Everyone on ESA is supposed to have an Activity Plan, and so an ESA49, whichever group, old or new style.

In fact anyone on any out-of-work benefit is supposed to have one, ESA, JSA, IS, IB, UC.
    Some o-o-w benefits call it an Activity Plan, others call it a Claimant Commitment.
    Work Coaches, as we have seen here, tend to just call them all 'Clamant Commitments' (Which does make more sense than having different names for different benefits).

But as I said above it isn't any big deal and you may already done a 'chat' (interview) and had the letter without realy noticing it. (Especailly if it was handed to you at the jobcentre).

See post #13 above for how it went for Palmer - 5 mins call, no changes, they just have to do it for the paperwork - the law says they have to discuss it with you so that's all the quick call is for.
    If you are in Support Group then there is nothing realy to discuss, but they still have to do it anyway.
    Last edited by nukecad; 20-10-21 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Everyone on ESA is supposed to have an Activity Plan, and so an ESA49, whichever group, old or new style.

In fact anyone on any out-of-work benefit is supposed to have one, ESA, JSA, IS, IB, UC, some o-o-w benefits call it an Activity Plan others call it a Claimant Commitment.
    Work Coaches, as we have seen here tend to just call them all 'Clamant Commitments' (Which does make more sense than having different names).

But as I said above it isn't any big deal and you may already done a 'chat' (interview) and had the letter without realy noticing it. (Especailly if it was handed to you at the jobcentre).

See post #13 above for how it went for Palmer - 5 mins call, no changes, they just have to do it for the paperwork - the law says they have to discuss it with you so that's all the quick call is for.
    If you are in Support Group then there is nothing realy to discuss, but they still have to do it anyway.
    Thanks Nukecad,

I remember hearing about a potential health and work conversation from the DWP together with a letter confirming the information I gave over the phone when I first applied for ESA at the beginning of last year (before the Pandemic). Is that what it was? This was when I initially applied and before an ESA50 was sent out or a WCA was done and before being placed into a group. I never got one of these 'conversations'. I was placed in the Support Group just days before the first Covid-19 lockdown.

Amy