Thread: SDP Transitional Element JR - date set

SDP Transitional Element JR - date set

There are a few threads where I could have put this, but decided to start a new one.

There has been a hearing date set for the 4th JR (3rd challenge after the initial JR) about SDP Transitional element.

I'm a bit late finding this news and the JR is (supposed to be) being heard on 19th to 21st October.

If you recall this one is about the fact that the DWP are still not compensating in the UC-SDPTE for the full loss, including the loss of EDP, despite being ordered by the court 3 times already that they have to do the same in compensation now with Natural Migration as they will for those who will eventually be Manage Migrated.

More about this latest challenge from Leigh Day solicitors:

https://www.leighday.co.uk/latest-up...versal-credit/
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    There are a few threads where I could have put this, but decided to start a new one.

There has been a hearing date set for the 4th JR (3rd challenge after the initial JR) about SDP Transitional element.

I'm a bit late finding this news and the JR is (supposed to be) being heard on 19th to 21st October.

If you recall this one is about the fact that the DWP are still not compensating in the UC-SDPTE for the full loss, including the loss of EDP, despite being ordered by the court 3 times already that they have to do the same in compensation now with Natural Migration as they will for those who will eventually be Manage Migrated.

More about this latest challenge from Leigh Day solicitors:

https://www.leighday.co.uk/latest-up...versal-credit/
    We appear to be living in a Banana Republic.It's outrageous that the DWP are not paying people what they are legaly entitled to,even after three Judicial Reviews have gone against them.I am currently receiving legacy benefits which include ESA with EDP + SDP,as well as PIP..Is it right to presume that,if things remain as they are,i am going to be out of pocket when i am migrated on to UC??...I'm sure this affects many others out there and not just myself.?

Cheers

If you can wait until you are Managed Migrated then you are guaranteed to get no less than your legacy benefits.

So it should be the same for those who are Naturally Migrated by moving house or claiming for a new child.
    That change is nothing to do with health conditions.

To treat them differently is discrimination under The Equalities Act 2010.

That is the whole point here and what the court keeps telling the DWP.

Haven't seen any news yet except for this:

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.co...redit-justice/
    The hearing is due to end today, (last Thursday - nuke), with judgment likely to be reserved to a future date