Thread: PIP Review Decision (PIP)

PIP Review Decision (PIP)

Around 6 weeks ago i was contacted to fill out a review form, this form was in the format of 'has your condition changed' ie: stating if there were no changes to just write 'no change'. Today i received the Decision.

Now peoples claims, medical history and medications are obviously different, however as in my last review where that was a yes or no format, i did not neither add or takeaway any information from my previous answers.

I answered each question with simply "no change" I did however add all my current medications, and household alterations granted me by adult social service.
    ie: wet room, shower rails, bed rails, hand rails to my front door entry even had my settee heightened.

Of course you may receive a different review form that is possible. In my instance as i stated above, i did not alter anything from my previous review answers. This time i was awarded it until 2027 which previuosly only ever had it granted for 3 years at a time.

I just wanted to encourage and know that in my case answering in this manner helped me it seems.

Remember as soon as you add a condition hoping it may help, please have medical records to back it up.

stay safe and keep your spirits up
    kind regards
    Last edited by peekyboouk; 01-10-21 at 12:40. Reason: Added date

Good to hear.
    Expecting mine any time soon.

I had my review just as we went into the first lock down, and I did virtually the same, sent some additional documents in and extended prescription list, award came back until 2023 then another letter a few weeks later arrived extended to April 2024.

It's good to hear that some people do a good experience with a PIP review. I'm a few weeks away from my PIP review and the MR taking a whole year, as the PIP decision went against me, even though there has been no improvement as evidenced by my GP and Consultants letters.

I feel the PIP descriptors are definitely more suited to some conditions/disabilities than other illnesses.

Wish me luck in my wait, as I do hope that I do not have to resort to a tribunal again.