Thread: Post Office Card Accounts.

Post Office Card Accounts.

Not sure how many here may still be having their benfits paid into a PO card account, but as you know that will be stopping.

It was due to stop in November, but a press release by the DWP says POCA payments been extended for a year and will now be continuing until November 2022:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...-november-2022
    Last edited by nukecad; 16-09-21 at 14:04.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Any idea how long it takes to switch from POCA payment to bank payment? my friend filled in and sent the form back to the dwp three weeks ago but their payments are still being paid into their POCA account.

No Idea.

I would have thought that as the DWP are vigorously pushing those with a POCA to switch they would have been quick to do it.

Presumably the form was a DP Gen form?

I'd maybe give the DWP a ring to check that they got the form, they are having postal problems with some things.
    (The guys at their mail handling depots won't see many DG_Gen forms and a newbie might not know what to do with one).

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Not sure how many here may still be having their benfits paid into a PO card account, but as you know that will be stopping.

It was due to stop in November, but a press release by the DWP says POCA payments been extended for a year and will now be continuing until November 2020:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...-november-2022
    Was this a typo, maybe November 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPa View Post
    Was this a typo, maybe November 2022.
    Oops, yes it was, well spotted.

I've corrected it.

Took me 2 weeks to switch after phoning you will have one last payment to post office then the next into your bank. But funny I have still been getting letters to switch even though I done it in July. I'm surprised they extended it again its done now I think holding out now is just putting off the inevitable.

They sent a letter in the end confirming the switch saying from the day after the last poca payment went in they are starting to pay the benefits into the bank, Thanks for all your replies.

Don't know if this will show but that is what they was basically saying would happen to your payments if you didn't switch and you would have a limited time to use it. I think they gave me 4 weeks to give my details or they would automatically move me to the Payment Exception Service, so I gave up.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]_20210925_094612.JPG [/ATTACH]
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TimeLord; 25-09-21 at 09:06.