Thread: Carers Allowance

Carers Allowance

Good afternoon all.

I turn 66 on 4th October and have told DWP that I want to claim my pension.

I get carers allowance for looking after someone.Now I know I can't claim both so I am giving up the carers allowance.DWP have told me that my first payment for my pension will be around the 6th November as it's paid in arrears.What i am wondering is does anyone know if the CA will be paid for the 4 weeks until I get my pension.Will I have to inform DWP or will it flag up on their system?

I have tried ringing DWP today but I think they had closed for the day or maybe they don't answer the phone anymore.

Thanks

My wife's CA stopped one her 66th birthday last year & her pension was paid four weeks later.
    The DWP giveth & the DWP taketh it seems.

Similar Threads

1. attendance allowance and carers allowance
    By cookgeorge2 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-08-19, 10:54
  2. Carers allowance versus Carers Premium
    By David69 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-17, 16:04
  3. Carers allowance. Does your savings affect your entitlement to Carers allowance?
    By karljt in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Last Post: 08-04-15, 15:16
  4. Attendance allowance and carers allowance
    By pg1973 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-13, 09:52
  5. Disability allowance and carers allowance help
    By Amc2 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Last Post: 06-03-13, 20:26