Thread: Esa

Esa

Hi
    Does anyone know the latest ESA reassessment situation with COVID backlog? I am “due” at the end of this year.
    Thank you

Hello,

Are you on Income or New Style ESA?

I would expect a while; I had to wait whole year for Face to Face and now in MR stage, promises not kept and many missed things on my report and some errors.

I hope you get sorted soon too

I’m on old style contribution esa since 2015 and have not been reassessed at all. I have long term illness which will not improve. The ESA85A said no improvement in longer term. I was just wondering about COVID backlog with esa review?

I was due one two years ago I think for straight cut case's if they have enough information they do it on paper but you probably won't know until a we've looked at your claim letter arrives. But they're way behind so don't hold your breath and they use generic white letters now instead of brown.

My review prognosis date for IR ESA was due at the end of last month (August). My ESA85a report said 'review in the medium term'. A decision was made by the DWP to put me in the Support Group in March 2020, just before the first lockdown. I have not received an ESA50 yet from Maximus (CHDA) which I assume is sent out weeks before the review date in normal times. I expect there is a backlog due to COVID... perhaps being short-staffed as a lot of health professionals who do the assessments returned to the NHS during the height of the Pandemic lockdown and there were a lot of new ESA applications still to get through.

I daren't ring the DWP ESA helpline to find out, as it might trigger the reassessment process? I wonder if phoning Maximus instead and asking if they have a live referral for me might be safer?

I know a lot of people who were expecting to be reassessed earlier this year during the lockdown did phone the DWP and found out their reviews had been deferred for a year or two. Wonder if with the backlog the DWP are still doing that.

Every day I dread the post. Hate this.