Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESA Phone Assessment

Any form I have sent off I always have a rough copy of questions and my reply so when it arrives again or I have to sit on the phone I have a good idea of what I said or put down.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeLord View Post
    Any form I have sent off I always have a rough copy of questions and my reply so when it arrives again or I have to sit on the phone I have a good idea of what I said or put down.
    Now that is a good idea.

Yeah, my form is 4 years old though and I never filled it in, an organisation did, I suppose I can use it to jog my memory, but I've done my own notes as well.

The assessment is today.

How did the reassessment go?

Quote Originally Posted by Pau View Post
    How did the reassessment go?
    Guess what.. it was cancelled again.. third time.. they didn't even call and say... the first time they sent me a letter dated on the same date as the appointment, two days after the appointment, the second time they did call..

This is really affecting my health, my mental health is already bad enough without them doing this, I was mega anxious which then turned into me being mega anxious AND agitated which then made me snappy.. so two people from the assessment place were snapped at, one said she would get the person to call.. did she heck as like.. my son ended up calling after 6pm and got someone pretty decent who said they should have called to let me know what was happening, he sent a message through to the manager and said someone would need to call and explain what had happened and that an appointment would be booked at my convenience.

They called a couple of days later but unfortunately for them, they called on my mobile and the call was accidently hung up, they've been asked twice NOT to call it because I can't use it properly and it's for my son to use when he goes out for long periods of time, they have my landline number. I ended up having to email and ask for the number to be removed because they clearly weren't listening to my son.

Thanks to all this messing about it's made me feel like poo. When my mental health is bad, it flares the fibromyalgia up as well :/

How do people go about getting paper based assessments? There was a lot of info on the ESA50, a letter stating that I have significant anxiety and agoraphobia and that I cancelled appointments often (it was for a home visit), I can't remember what else I sent, it was 4 years ago, I know I don't have lots of evidence because any treatment or medication I've tried for my mental health hasn't helped and in regards to my physical health, none of that's help either and I can't take painkillers and such due to stomach issues, my GP was very reluctant to give me any, I can't swallow them properly anyway to be fair, I have swallowing problems as well.

That's pretty shocking. They must know how devastating these calls can be. IF you can't get a paper based assessment, and I really think you should have one, something that might help from my own assessment was the assessor took note of how coherent I was. It sounds like you struggle when you have anxiety and I would say, don't try to force yourself to make sense just to please the assessor. It's their job to describe how your condition affects your ability to work, not your job to make it easier by pretending to have no issues. Be yourself on your worst day if you don't find it too traumatic. GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Millicent1234 View Post
    That's pretty shocking. They must know how devastating these calls can be. IF you can't get a paper based assessment, and I really think you should have one, something that might help from my own assessment was the assessor took note of how coherent I was. It sounds like you struggle when you have anxiety and I would say, don't try to force yourself to make sense just to please the assessor. It's their job to describe how your condition affects your ability to work, not your job to make it easier by pretending to have no issues. Be yourself on your worst day if you don't find it too traumatic. GL.
    I've never actually thought about it like that, thank you.

Yeah my mental health kicks my bottom daily, even my son makes me anxious. I have FM too but I can tolerate that more than the mental health problems. I have some stuff that's undiagnosed, I've just gotten an advocate, she helped me get referred to the OT services here, they called the other day and she's trying to support me in regards to the medical centre because the staff there are pretty poop and I would like a proper support network instead of my son constantly being dumped with me, it's not fair on him because he has anxiety and other problems as well.

Another problem that I have is, when I get too anxious, I end up having a panic/anxiety attack then I disassociate and just reel stuff out to get rid of the person that's making me feel this way.

Hello,

I'm back..

Believe it or not, I've still not had my assessment.

I ended up making a complaint after they didn't let me know that my assessment had been cancelled and they just left me sat here very anxious and very angry.

My son received a letter about the complaint as I gave consent for him to deal with it for me, in the letter the lady dealing with the complaint admits that all but one of the appointments have been cancelled because they overlooked the fact that I'd asked for a female. They also claim that the first appointment they cancelled wasn't on the system and that they only had a record of one incoming call because I also complained about the rudeness of their staff, my son has made at least 10 calls. They've apologised but then cancelled my upcoming appointment because it was booked with a male..

This is 5 appointments that have been rebooked, I cancelled one because I wanted more time to do the ESA50, they said we could do an up to date one.

It's now booked for the 22nd of November..

Just a question about Welfare Rights, has anyone had a good officer where they've put plenty of info on your benefit form? I'm asking because Welfare Rights have offered to help with the ESA50 but I'm very reluctant due to the PIP fiasco and them not putting a lot of info on my PIP form, it was used as one of the excuses for the assessor to lower my points. I know I can check the ESA50 beforehand this time because my son needs to send it with his supporting letter to the lady who dealt with my complaint but I really don't know if I should trust them or continue to try and do the ESA50 with my son and then ask Welfare Rights if they would mind checking it? The person offering this time is apparently a senior officer, I don't know if that makes any difference or not. I'm also not very comfortable with men and they keep giving me male officers, I have told them, maybe they don't have many females, it seems to be a problem in regards to the assessment company as well to be fair.

I admit to now being a bit confused here.

Are you saying that the assessment company (not anyone else) have now sent, or are sending, you a new ESA50?

As they have already given you a date for another try at a telephone assessment then I doubt that they would then send you an ESA50 now.

(And after already cancelling 5 telephone appointments that they were going to do without an ESA50 it would be somewhat odd to suddenly send one now).

If they haven't sent you one then you don't need to fill one in.
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-11-21 at 10:03.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

No, I think I explained in my original post that they were trying to do an assessment based off a 4 year old form, they have now said I can do an up to date form which we need to send directly to the woman who has been dealing with my complaint via email which she is going to attach to my file/record.