Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no ESA paid last week

no ESA paid last week

I usually/always get my ESA on a Friday.
    It was due last friday and has not yet been paid.

I submitted statements etc for the annual savings review, several weeks ago, so i am assuming it may be to do with that. However, it should not have caused any issues.
    I know I need to ring them to sort this out (UGH!!!!) but i am not at home so cannot access any paperwork should they need it.

Have there been any general issues with payments?

Oh and what is the number to call, when do they open?

Thanks

Where is your money usually paid I know they are going to start not paying to post office accounts but that is October. I would ring them and if you do online banking check I also did see that certain people had missed payments so could be a glitch. Don't delay it's your money after all.

Thanks for you reply
    I have just been on phone to them and it was a 'computer error'.
    So they are going to put it through today.

I do wonder how many people have computer 'errors' - that dont find out, dont have the ability to check or call, and go weeks without their payments.
    That worries me!

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    I do wonder how many people have computer 'errors' - that dont find out, dont have the ability to check or call, and go weeks without their payments.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to be in a position where I wouldn't notice for weeks if my benefit pament went in or not.
    It's usually all used/spent the same day it goes in.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

well there are doubtless people who dont have the same level of awareness, Nukecad.
    there will always be those who just go to ground because for some unknown reason they cant get their money, and dont know where to turn

but hey ho

well they have paid me 2 weeks money, but have not added the SDP or the EDP
    however when i asked the lady this morning for the result of the savings review - 'no change' was written on my file - so they should both be included.

means i have to face another call tomorrow - which just stresses me out

Hello Walker

Have you recently had a PIP review?

Did your your PIP get extended only to for you to receive a PIP review form soon after?

Was your original PIP review date, before the extension around the time your ESA was stopped?

As this is exactly what happened to me. I telephoned and then received a manual payment but then it happened again on the following date, I was due to receive an ESA payment.

Fortunately that time, I got a DWP call handler who went through the sequence of events and found out what had gone wrong. They put the computer right, and it did not happen again.

Mind you, nine months after returning my PIP review form, I am still waiting to hear their decision on my PIP.

Hope it's all sorted soon, I don't think any of us like phoning them either.

Thanks, Bubble
    Yes I have just had a Pip review and my NEW amount is due to start tomorrow

It should not have affected the ESA, since the pip has stayed with standard care, and added standard mobility
    It is dated Aug 2nd

The ESA was due Aug 13th

my original pip review date was in March i think, and got extended

I am sorry you are waiting so long to hear
    I sent my form in for March 5th and got an appt 4 1/2months later, but the decision was made quickly

The calls ARE stressful, aren't they. They seem to forget that we are on these benefits due to ill health and yet we have to try to stay on top of it all.

just rung again
    spoke to very disinterested man
    he just said there is a query about my savings

well there shouldnt be - as i send in all the info, and if anything they have gone down a bit from last year
    it should not affect the payments

i told him this, he said he would put through a query request for 'them' (whoever they are) to ring me. Didn't say who, or when.
    and didn't give me a chance to ask anything else.
    So i am even more stressed now.

It probably means (query) someone has to eventually look at it and tick ? a box. If everything is virtually the same as before you have nothing to fear just time and the DWP have no concern or concept about keeping people waiting.