Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warm Home Discount application.

Warm Home Discount application.

Hi all..!!

Anyone know the time scale when you can apply for the warm home discount. I think there is a set time limit just can't remember when it starts and finishes and I think different energy companies also have their own window.

Cheers

The scheme for 2021/22 opens on 18th October, https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme

But you may be able to pre-register.

Different companies are different so it's best to check your suppliers website.

PS. Thanks for the reminder, I've got a new flat and changed supplier so I'm off to their website now.

EDIT: Just done a pre-register on my suppliers website. (SSE).
    They will contact me to fully register once the scheme opens.
    TBH I think I might have pre-registered when I signed up with the new supplier, but even if I did no harm in doing it again.
    Last edited by nukecad; 30-07-21 at 13:11.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi Nuke, cheers for that. I'm glad you got your new place sorted out. I think some suppliers automatically add the discount and some you have to keep applying I done it today with Eon they stated I will hear in 12 weeks so that's roughly October. But I think I have always applied around August I don't know if they send some reminder.

Yesterday I registered my claim with EON.

I changed supplier as well.Now with Octopus and I've pre registered as well but I'm going to keep checking if they've opened the scheme up.

We can't believe how much we are saving from changing supplier.We were with British Gs

Octopus energy warm front open.I applied for ours the other day

SSE is now open to apply for the warm home discount. I had an email almost immediately letting me know I've applied & that if I don't hear anything in the next 6 weeks then I can contact them.

Hi Starbright, Nuke, and evreybody else. Been quiet for past few months and seems like years since messages...anyway, TY Starbright, I was just clicking through and decided to have a read, and glad I did. have just in past 5 mins completed and submitted WHF app to SSE. I asked for a reminder email from them when they were to open the scheme, but don't recall having seen 1 in my inbox & have only applied due to your last post.

I am so, so glad to read that they are now, finally, sending out emails confirming that I/You/We have applied, and is the first year they have done this. Also glad to hear that should hear something is 6 weeks, as it will allow those who applied to at least add (or not) these figures into accounting for that month or whenever it is received! This receipt email/confirmation of having sent whf app is something that I have been arguing for for bloody years, and prior to, have always had to email specifically and ask for confirmation that they have at least received application, not so much the result, but that would have been nice anyway!

1 thing did strike me when I was reading (on another site) about the xmas bonus and how this has not changed amount since it was introduced-it has always been a poxy tenner & had not increased in line with inflation! This is the same with the whf amount of £140.00 and was just wondering what this would be if it had increased in line with inflation? Anybody got the nous to do the calcs?! Be interesting to know...

Anyway, I sincerely hope that everybody who is eligible for this whf applies for it as they can only say no. Let's face it, the way energy costs are going we're gonna need every bit of bloody help we can get...unlike abra, who thinks we should just work harder (I will not swear for fear of post not being allowed). Take care and let's see how things pan out. Many thanks.

Hi Spencer,

So very pleased it's helped you, funny enough in PMQ's this week which were with Dominic Rabb because Boris was in America, & he said the WHD is £150. Now I went on the gov website & it's saying £140, so I think he made a mistake.

Yes the £10 Xmas bonus dose not go far!.

Martin Lewis show is on now & he's going through the energy "thing" if you miss it now perhaps you can catch it on catch up TV.

Good to see you again Spencer

No email from SSE here either, despite being pre-registered. (I have emails from them - notifications of new gas and electricity bills).

So now the question is should you still do an appliction form despite already being pre-registered, or should you wait for them to contact you?

(I know that there are only so many 'slots' available at each company, but has pre-registering already given you a 'slot' or does that only happen when you actually apply? And if you do apply now then is that a 'new slot' and you lose your pre-registered place in the queue?)

There's a woeful lack of information, as usual.
    Last edited by nukecad; 24-09-21 at 16:55.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.