Thread: PIP renewal

PIP renewal

Got a PIP renewal form through the post. Putting the fear of God into me as usual. Nothing much has changed - in fact some things have got worse - except for I am now doing 7.5 hours of permitted work for the charity Mind. I'm worried they will use this against me. I realise that PIP has nothing to do with work but I also don't trust the DWP. I have supporting evidence of a care plan from last year (tho I'm now discharged) and I would have a psychologist report though i'm still waiting for the report (5 months on ), I emailed this s'morning asking for it. A letter about housing issues which indirectly list all my issues/difficulties, and I guess i could ask my counsellor for a letter maybe. Plus a letter stating I've been referred for an ASD assessment (im 2 years into a probable 3 year wait for this).

I'm still worried though they'll question my renewal and send me for assessment. I have no one to support me this time for assessment which also worries me.

Not sure why i'm rambling on (just worry I guess!) but I just wondered what the likely hood of permitted work going against my renewal. I only just got enough points to get the lower care element so I'm already on the cusp.

If the work you're doing doesn't contradict the reasons you qualify for PIP it will have no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    If the work you're doing doesn't contradict the reasons you qualify for PIP it will have no effect.
    I have social anxiety disorder or Avoidant personality disorder (maybe) so literally anything I do will theoretically contradict my PIP award in some way.
    Or potentially be interpreted that way.