Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello again

Hello again

I get 250 a fortnight esa I get high rate dla care and mobility why do I not get more than 250 a fortnight,

Disability premium
    You’ll get:

£35.10 a week for a single person

Enhanced disability premium
    You’ll get:

£17.20 a week for a single person

So I am in support group and get enhanced is something wrong here should I get the enhanced and the £35 a week disability premium? Should I be backdated?

If you're getting £250 a fortnight it sounds like you are already receiving EDP. You cannot get the £35.10 premium on IR ESA. For SDP you have to be living alone and no-one must be getting Carer's Allowance for caring for you.

There are 3 disability premiums, only 2 of them apply in ESA and can be paid with ESA.

Disability Premium - Does not apply to, not payable with, ESA.
    Enhanced Disability Premium - Paid automatically in ESA Support Group as long as you have an Income Related entitlement, may be payable in WRAG if you qualify.
    Severe Disability Premium - Payable in SG or WRAG if you qualify (See below).

https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiums/what-youll-get
    If you get income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) you cannot get the disability premium, but you may still qualify for the severe and enhanced premiums.
    You get more than £250 a fortnight, I worked it out for you back in February, it's gone up now:

As a single person in Support Group you should currently get:
    £ 74.70 Personal Allowance
    £ 39.40 Support Group
    £ 17.20 Enhanced Disability Premium.
    £131.30 ESA per week.

Which is £262.60 a fortnight.

Note though that that may depend on your housing situation, see below.

Then as Noisynoodle says you might qualify for another £67.30 a week Severe Disability Premium (because you have High Rate Care DLA)- but to qualify for that you have to be living alone and nobody can be claiming Carers Allowance for looking after you.

However in your particular case your housing situation plays a very important part in payment of the disability premiums; We have said before that you are very, very, unlikely to qualify for SDP.
    You may still qualify for EDP depending on where you are living now.

So it's important for you to tell us just what your housing situation is now? Where are you living now?
    Last time you posted you were still homeless. (But I think that if you are now being paid the EDP then you must now have found somewhere to live).
    Last edited by nukecad; 25-07-21 at 09:12.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

No but when I do live on my own how much will I get with uc? What is the highest possible rate living on your own

No but when I do live on my own how much will I get with uc? What is the highest possible rate living on your own

Again we have already been through this.

If/when you get a place of your own you will have to claim UC for the rent.

There are no disability premiums in UC - You would get UC Standard rate, plus LCWRA rate, plus whatever you are entitled to for your rent.

Assuming that you are over 25 then as from October that will be £324.84 + £343.63 = £668.47 a month plus whatever you are entitled to for your rent.

That will be more than you currently get with ESA by just over £22 a week. (Plus whatever you get to pay your rent).

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Again we have already been through this.

If/when you get a place of your own you will have to claim UC for the rent.

There are no disability premiums in UC - You would get UC Standard rate, plus LCWRA rate, plus whatever you are entitled to for your rent.

Assuming that you are over 25 then as from October that will be £324.84 + £343.63 = £668.47 a month plus whatever you are entitled to for your rent.

That will be more than you currently get with ESA by just over £22 a week. (Plus whatever you get to pay your rent).
    I do forget I did read it up if single over 25 £411 a month so should be
    745 a month around abouts true?
    Thank you

I didn't use the £411.51 because that includes the covid uplift which will be removed at the end of September, 2 months from now. - From October UC standard Allowance for an over 25 y/o will be £324.84.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I didn't use the £411.51 because that includes the covid uplift which will be removed at the end of September, 2 months from now. - From October UC standard Allowance for an over 25 y/o will be £324.84.
    What about the transitional element will this not be added? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jjmurphy123 View Post
    What about the transitional element will this not be added? Thank you

Also From now on, people receiving the Severe Disability Premium (SDP) in their legacy benefits are able to claim Universal Credit. If they experience a relevant change of circumstances, they will have to move from legacy benefits onto Universal Credit I found this page if I move in a place claim sdp for 2 weeks then claim uc is this allowed?