Thread: DWP says your PIP form has not been received?

DWP says your PIP form has not been received?

This was posted on rightsnet today regarding a sudden spate of 'missing' PIP2s and AR1s that has apparently been happening for a month or so:

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/...d/17437/#82867
    We heard via our Deputyship team and unofficially, that PIP are aware of problems and big delays with post and after initially believing it to be the fault of Royal Mail, then a problem with the mail handling sites scanning process, they have now identified it is a problem with their IT and they are looking to sort it out “as quickly as possible”.
    If you have sent a PIP renewal form in the last month it may be worth phoning PIP to check that they have got it on their system.

Of course if they send you a new form then there is no guarantee that won't also get caught in the 'problem with their IT'.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    This was posted on rightsnet today regarding a sudden spate of 'missing' PIP2s and AR1s that has apparently been happening for a month or so:

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/...d/17437/#82867

If you have sent a PIP renewal form in the last month it may be worth phoning PIP to check that they have got it on their system.

Of course if they send you a new form then there is no guarantee that won't also get caught in the 'problem with their IT'.

After a lengthy call to PIP yesterday (1 1/2hrs in queue) I was told that the problem was with Royal Mail as after two weeks after posting form back they had not received my PIP form, but I did get a 3 week extension and if they still have not got it they will send out a new form to fill in.
    So now we know the true reason.

Rightsnet is the forum for professional advisors, so yes they often have better access than us mere claimants to find out what is going on.

TBH in this case the phone jockeys are most likely using what they were told 2 or 3 weeks ago and haven't been updated as to what the real problem is.

There again like many big organisations the DWPs first/default stance is to blame someone else 'Not our fault, must be Royal Mail/Atos/Capita/Maximus/CHDA/G4S/anyone else we can think of to blame.' before they eventually start to look into where the problem actually lies.
    That's one of the reasons why they contracted out assessments in the first place - so they could blame someone else for the faults.
    Last edited by nukecad; 16-07-21 at 10:14.

Got my pip review form this morning they wanted it back by the 6th of August so phoned up and asked for an extension till the 20th of August

A statement from the DWP to 'StakeHolders' (ie the big welfare advice organisations):

Our PIP telephony service is receiving a significant increase in demand due to some issues with the postal service. We have implemented a short term solution whilst internal investigations continue and we are looking at options to increase our resource on the telephones to support our customers.

We will also open our telephony lines on Saturday 17th July from 8.30 to 3.30pm.

Whilst I appreciate that many of our customers (and you as their support network) must find this difficult, please be assured we are working hard to resolve this and I will keep you updated.

New statement, PIP phonelines will be open again this Saturday morning:

We are still continuing with our investigations and have identified that Royal Mail are facing disruption across the country due to COVID 19 restrictions and the number of staff self- isolating. All our post either incoming or outgoing could be affected. In addition we are still looking at some IT issues.

All of our Case Workers and Case Managers have clear guidance for addressing these issues as customers contact us.

Over the last day or so, the service we are delivering to our customers has improved significantly due to the increased resources we have deployed.

We are again opening our telephone lines this Saturday 24th July from 8am to 1pm by way of further support for our customers.

An update on the length of time Pip2 are taking.
    I posted my PIP2 on the 5th July and had a text 2nd august to say they have now received it, so around 3 weeks delay at the moment.
    The worrying thing is it could take up to 10 months from application to decision judging by another forum.

Yep that's about right markt1968, I'm nine months and counting waiting to hear my PIP decision. Very stressful.