Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second ESA telephone assessment

Second ESA telephone assessment

Hello everyone hope you’re all keeping well!

I had a telephone assessment in December 2020 and heard nothing since today I received a letter for a second telephone assessment stating they couldn’t make a decision and more information is needed.

Has anyone had a similar experience will they ask the same question as the first and go through everything again or only ask question related to the information needed ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Back in December the telephone assessments were limited and the only decision they were making was whether people were definitely in Support Group or not.
    The only decision they were making was 'dfinitely Support Group' or 'wait until we can do a proper assessment'.

It wasn't a proper assessment, they weren't sure how telephone assessments would work and so the bar was set very high, if you didn't get SG at one of those 'special' assessments it didn't mean that you wouldn't normally get SG at a full assessment.

TBH it was just a bit of Window Dressing so that they could say to MP and the Press that they were doing some assessments.

So it wasn't that you didn't give enough information for them to make a decision, it's that they only asked for particular bits of information to suit the limited decisions they were making at that time.

Things have moved on, the law was ammended, and the telephone assessments that they are doing now are full assessments, and can give any award.

So yes, I'd expect them to be going through everything again, properly this time.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Just a quick update on this incase anyone is going through the same thing. I just had my telephone assessment as nukecad said they do go through everything and then some. I assume this is because it’s over the phone. The assessment lasted for over an hour half of that is the accessor typing stuff. But yeah if you’re having an assessment soon make sure you’re ready to go over every little thing.

Expecting a UC 50 form in the next few months was in esa support group but moved to a different local authority so on universal credit so can you download a uc 50 like a esa 50 ? Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robbie66 View Post
    can you download a uc 50 like a esa 50 ?
    Yes you can.

There's a UC50 download link 3 from the bottom of the ESA standard form listing: https://youreable.livingmadeeasy.org...standard-forms

Thanks nukecad had a telephone assessment last June was placed back into support group for 18 months so could be due one but hopefully they might leave me alone for a year or two moved to a different local authority in March so had to claim universal credit to be fair it was quite straight forward

It's always handy to have the ESA50/UC50 filled in and saved on your computer.

That way you know exactly what you put each time.
    When they send another you can simply change the date and anything else needed, save with a new name and print it off again.
    Or if they have changed the form then download a new one and copy/paste your answers into it, save and print off.

(If they'd let you email them it would be even easier).

bloody printer not printing properly coming out one colour and paper is smudged

Check your ink cartridges, wipe the printing heads with plain water or even alcohol to remove any old or dried ink. (And of course check there is ink in them).

Old ink can dry on there and cause blocks and smudging.

Check and clean the rubber 'boots' where they park in the printer too; they are there to stop the ink on the heads drying out but if they are clogged with old ink and/or not sealing they can't do that job.

Will give it a try you could be right think these printers like being used all the time as I've not used mine for over a year