Thread: Collect your groceries from this van.

Collect your groceries from this van.

Sat in the pub and a van has just parked up over the road.

Written on the side is "Click and collect - Collect your groceries from this van".

It's got a sainsburys logo so Morrisons, Mc'Colls, etc?
    (Maybe even Argos they own that).

Sort of half way between home dlivery and picking up in store without the individual delivery charge.

Not a bad idea for rutal areas - if enough people in a village all use click and collect.
    I guess you'd have to do something like 'the van will be there at such a time till such each day/other day/week to make it worthwile.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Sat in the pub and a van has just parked up over the road.

Written on the side is "Click and collect - Collect your groceries from this van".

It's got a sainsburys logo so Morrisons, Mc'Colls, etc?
    (Maybe even Argos they own that).

Sort of half way between home dlivery and picking up in store without the individual delivery charge.

Not a bad idea for rutal areas - if enough people in a village all use click and collect.
    I guess you'd have to do something like 'the van will be there at such a time till such each day/other day/week to make it worthwile.
    They use vans for click and collect at certain stores.
    from the morrisons website....
    If you have chosen to collect from one of our Stores operating a van collection, the van will be parked near the front of the Store - please look out for the signage and the van. Please park in a designated collection bay or nearby. If you cannot see the van, it may be that we are loading orders, you can contact the store to let them know you have arrived. You can use our Store Locator to find their number.

These click and collect still have a minimum order which is no good if you are not a family.

Makes sense to have a van outside rather than people going into the store, especially during covid.

But this one was parked up in the square across the road and at least one person collected from it and put the stuff in their car boot.

Nearest Morrisons is 4 miles away, nearest Sainsburys 14 miles.

I guess it could have been that the driver lives local and it was a relative/friend of the driver?
    But I'd have thought the vans would/should stay at the store not go home with the driver (less fuel use) unless that's a perk of the job?.

Dunno, maybe it's a trial for rural areas, or maybe the driver is up to something whether authorised or unauthorised.
    He did leave shortly after that one collection that I saw.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.