Thread: Seven months on

Seven months on

After a wait of seven months, I was sent a text informing me of a date and time of a PIP review telephone assessment, despite requests from my GP and Consultant, not to put me through such unnecessary distress.

Assessment went ahead and avoided asking questions about my main condition. Did not ask about about journeys, more interested in how I pay my bills (for which, I have no issues) but was intrusive about my psychiatric consultation appointments.

I am not hopeful that this will lead to award.

Looks like I will be going to a tribunal, yet again.

One new improvement, was a couple of days after the assessment, I received a text from the DWP to say they had received the assessment report and that I should receive my decision in the next eight weeks - I have telephoned for my copy of the assessment report.

You never know, it may not be bad news after all. Don't worry about it for now until you hear something.

Update

Well Gus thanks for the support, but the PA4 PIP assessment report is pretty bleak.

I do not score enough points for any PIP.

I have not heard from the DWP yet but hope the letter I sent them pointing out the discrepancies in the assessment report may make them actually look at my medical evidence which contradicts virtually all of the assessment report.

I believe the assessor totally ignored all my medical evidence.

Usual DWP treatment, MR then when that gets turned down take the tribunal route again.
    I firmly believe Capita / Atos or whoever else conducts your assessment along with the DWP know that many unsuccessfull applicants won't bother pursuing a claim.
    You have nothing else to lose only to gain so don't give up & keep fighting them.
    Best wishes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by buble48 View Post
    I have not heard from the DWP yet
    Wait for that, the DWP decision makers for PIP are aware that all is not as it should be with the telephone assessments.

If the DWP decision is still not favourable then it's time for MR/appeal.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.