Thread: Really struggling with loneliness

Really struggling with loneliness

I don't really know what I want really from this post, and I don't see a way out of it, but I'm really lonely right now and isolated.

I have a very small family, my mother and grandmother and that's it, and I have no friends or other relationships at all really and I'm just feeling so, so alone and wanting more.

Right now I'm worried to even join anything, like clubs or something, but I can't really find anything. And I looked into help from Mind, but they have something really great nearby, but I'm on the other side of the boundary, so I cannot access it and there's nothing in my area.

I don't know, I probably sound really whiny right now, I'm just feeling sorry for myself and had to put it out into the void so it wasn't just circling in my own head.

Does your local county council run a befriending service for people in your situation? Worth investigating. Found that Age UK run one too.
    https://www.ageuk.org.uk/services/befriending-services/

Hello birdwatcher

No you do not sound in the least bit whiny, I'm sure many of us who have health issues, especially those of us who have difficulties getting out can understand loneliness.

It's good to hear you've been investigating some options, even though they sadly haven't worked out.

Have you thought of volunteering, they are so many different types of volunteering.

There is a website that you can google called do it, giving your city/town it will come up with lots of options. Some you can even do from home, if going out is a issue. Meeting and talking to different people is helpful towards feeling less lonely and helping others feels good.

I find old comedy classic dvds helps me, watched them plenty of times, but they still make me laugh.

Perhaps others have a suggestion.

Thanks guys.

I kind of feel kind of silly and pathetic to try to access those befriending services, I know so many do, but I feel so embarrassed. I suppose I could volunteer for the AgeUK one.

I've looked into and applied for a volunteering role, there's others I would really like to do, with children and reading, but the spread of COVID in children has me worried right now, that it's something I might look into later, but right now I'm not comfortable spending a lot of time with school age children. But that's something I would really love to get involved with.

I don't know, I just wish I had some people in my life. I just feel kind of empty right now.