Thread: Stupid Government email.

Stupid Government email.

I just got an email from GOV.UK, from the 'Corona Virus Support Team', it starts like this:

We are contacting you because you have previously registered for shielding support either for yourself or on behalf of someone else on the ‘Get support if you’re clinically extremely vulnerable to coronavirus (COVID-19)’ page of GOV.?UK: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-shielding-support. In particular you requested access to priority supermarket delivery slots.

On 17 March 2021, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and the Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) wrote to you to inform you that you were no longer advised to shield from 1 April but that supermarkets would continue to offer priority access to delivery slots until 21 June.

We, the Cabinet Office, are now writing to you to let you know about some changes in the way we and the other organisations that we work with, will use the data you provided when you registered for support from 21 June onwards.

Here’s an overview of the key changes:
    Err,
    I enquired about it at the start of the first lockdown in March 2020, because the NHS sent me a letter telling me to.
    And then the gov changed their mind on the criteria and said I shouldn't have enquired/applied.
    I certainly didn't ask about deliveries as the supermarket was straight across the road, 30 meters away.

That was the last I heard until this email turned up, certainly no letters about shielding because I haven't been sheilding just locked down.

Talk about wrong records and not knowing what they are doing.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

It dose not seem to apply to you at all Nuke, but that's not surprising really.

It would apply to me & so far I haven't had that email. Does it say if they are extending the vulnerable slots for supermarkets?

Thanks

Sorry I've deleted it and cleared the bin, so can't quote the rest.

It was just about data sharing, and the supermarkets now becoming the Data Controller for anything that the gov shared with them.
    The supermarket should now contact you if they are intending to keep any of that data and give you the chance to have it deleted.

I didn't notice anything about how the supermarkets are now going to handle delivery slots for the vulnerable, I guess that will be down to each supermarket.

Thanks Nuke,

I remember when they put me on the vulnerable list Tesco saying they will delete all the info the Gov has given them & stop vulnerable slots when the situation was better.

If they delete it then they have no need to contact you, but might send out a generic message anyway to say they'te deleting it all.
    That might be just somewhere on their website rather than individual.

It's only if they want to keep it for their records to maybe prioritise you in future that they now have to give you the choice again.