Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVLA & 50% tax problem

DVLA & 50% tax problem

Good day to all. Just taxed my car online then sent of proof of PIP mobility (standard rate) as to claim back my 50%. I sent the DVLA the same paperwork that i have for PIP as i have done the last three years and they have rubber stamped it, with no problems. The problem i have now is, they have returned my paperwork this time (no cheque included) and are asking for proof of PIP mobility. I am at a loss as to what thy"re up to! My proof of PIP mobility award is plain to see if someone in the DVLA took the time to read it and it is still ongoing till July 22. It is even stamped three times with DVLA. Anyone got any ideas as to what is going on? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scrubingcookers View Post
    Good day to all. Just taxed my car online then sent of proof of PIP mobility (standard rate) as to claim back my 50%. I sent the DVLA the same paperwork that i have for PIP as i have done the last three years and they have rubber stamped it, with no problems. The problem i have now is, they have returned my paperwork this time (no cheque included) and are asking for proof of PIP mobility. I am at a loss as to what thy"re up to! My proof of PIP mobility award is plain to see if someone in the DVLA took the time to read it and it is still ongoing till July 22. It is even stamped three times with DVLA. Anyone got any ideas as to what is going on? Thanks
    I have now returned the same DWP PIP notice/paperwork to the DVLA asking them to "wise up". As an added bonus i have made an online complaint. They say "demand is high for complaints, and waiting time for replies can take up to ten days".

I had a similar problem with my new blue badge application. They wouldn't take proof of my PIP award because is was over a year old. I was told to ring DWP for an up to date statement of entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I had a similar problem with my new blue badge application. They wouldn't take proof of my PIP award because is was over a year old. I was told to ring DWP for an up to date statement of entitlement.
    Hi beau. At least you knew their reason for refusing you"re aplication and you can act on that. You have to try and gues right with the DVLA or, if you are lucky enough to have a "good working" crystal ball. So an up to date statement then tells them more than a three tear award does. Just trying to get my head around what these gods are trying us for. Good luck.

DVLA are a real PITA doing this. They will want a recent or new letter and the DWP are always slow at getting them out.

I'm currently paying for my RFL even though I'm entitled to get it free. So far, I've been waiting almost a year because of the lockdowns - it seems any excuse will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky View Post
    DVLA are a real PITA doing this. They will want a recent or new letter and the DWP are always slow at getting them out.

I'm currently paying for my RFL even though I'm entitled to get it free. So far, I've been waiting almost a year because of the lockdowns - it seems any excuse will do.
    I gues i should ring PIP and ask for a newer version then. How long for will that be of use to them though? Would you have to repeat the proccess every year? You would"nt know if they have accepted it untill they return you"re paperwork. Bit of a pain all this nonse. Good luck anyways.

Would you have to repeat the proccess every year?
    No, once you've done it once they will just put it on repeat and inform you if/when something changes or it's time for renewal.

They are asking for up to date proof of mobility award but, they send out, out of date tax reminders. I"ve had a few cheques returned because i paid the ammount asked for. Now i pay online and claim later. What can go wrong now i ask. Dew Dew Dew.

They are asking for up to date proof of mobility award but, they send out, out of date tax reminders. I"ve had a few cheques returned because i paid the ammount asked for. Now i pay online and claim later. What can go wrong now i ask. Dew Dew Dew.
    Now received a reply from DVLA regarding online complaint. I beleve this reply is from an "higherupper" in the chain. Not sure what that person was told but, they say, "i must send proof of PIP mobility award to receive the 50% reduction". No mention of a "more up to date version" from me though. (AAAUUGGHH). In the interim i received my up to date version from PIP taking just a week from calling them.

In the interim i received my up to date version from PIP taking just a week from calling them.
    There are useless aren't they? Oh well, at least the DWP were a bit faster with your latest update.