Thread: The Rich get Richer

The Rich get Richer

Whilst those on benefits get poorer, especially the sick and disabled.
    How have they got the cheek to even suggest it when the budgets are supposedly to be cut.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20978487

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Whilst those on benefits get poorer, especially the sick and disabled.
    How have they got the cheek to even suggest it when the budgets are supposedly to be cut.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20978487
    The rich get richer whilst the poor get poorer has been a phrase since time began. As such it's so much an "accepted" part of society that we have given up belief of it ever changing and worse many believe that it is the natural order of things.

Its hardly surprising beau.These people dont live in our world

"The Commons voted against a 1% pay rise in 2011 and last year agreed to extend the pay freeze into 2013."

Why not a pay cut of 1%?after all were all in this together and those with the broadest back should bear the bigger burden

Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    .... were all in this together and those with the broadest back should bear the bigger burden
    Hhmmm now where have i heard that before.....oh yes it was a coalition phrase

dun serving
    Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    Yes and the House, not just the government benches, voted against a 1% pay rise. This proposal for an increase in the pay of our representatives (sounds even worse calling them our reps instead of our MP's) has support from ALL sides of the political divide at Westminster not just the coalition!

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    Yes it was meant as such wobble......hope you didn`t think it was my take on it?it was me being sircastic

Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    Yes it was meant as such wobble......hope you didn`t think it was my take on it?it was me being sircastic
    I thought so, I'm just cashing in on your wit.