Thread: Disability Assistance Scotland

Disability Assistance Scotland

Sorry this wont concern our English Friends. The Scots are getting rid of PIP or changing it over to a new benefit Disability Assistance. Any one know how this will work, ie just migrate existing PIP claiments over or reassess them all again . Any one any ideas

The Scottish replacement for:
    PIP/DLA will be called Adult Disability Payment.
    Child DLA will be called Child Disability Payment.
    AA will be called Pension Age Disability Payment.

https://www.gov.scot/policies/social...le-ill-health/

Nobody knows for sure yet how transfers from existing benefits will be done, they are only starting with new claims.
    No doubt they have plans/proposals for how transfers will work but nothing announced yet.
    In the meantime if your PIP is comming to an end you'll do the same as normal and PIP again.

I'm guessing that once they start transfering then they'll wait until your current DLA/PIP award is expiring, send you a questionaire, and then do an assessment for the new benefit that doesn't normally involve a F2F.

Obviously something else will have to be put in place for those with ongoing DLA/PIP or AA, but they will be in the last groups to transfer as they are not normally subject to reassessment and it's getting rid of unnecessary assessments that is the intention.

That's how the new Scittish benefits are supposed to work, trust what the claimant tells them on paper and so no F2F unless really necessary.

Of course they could surprise everyone and just transfer your current award without asking any questions.

They are starting with new claims for Child Disability Payment on 26 July 2021, ADP will follow later, and PADP later still.
    https://www.gov.scot/news/child-disa...ate-announced/
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

mmmmm Might have to emigrate to England ooeeerrr!

I think that most will prefer the Scottish version.

Anyway, we're going to reinforce Hadrians wall if Scottish independence happens.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Och Aye The Noo ! Pah

Wee Krankie again for you.
    PIP will be assessment free for the Scots, Wee Krankie doesnn't mind because Whitehall is paying as usual.
    If she gets independance what then, no Whitehall to sponge off.

Really sponge off so tell me why is Westminster so reluctant to let Scotland go your talking shite

Quote Originally Posted by robbie66 View Post
    Really sponge off so tell me why is Westminster so reluctant to let Scotland go your talking shite
    Because the majority of Scots didn't want independance first time around & still won't have enough votes for a indyref 2.
    If Krankie got her way & took Scotland back in to the EU then a hard border would have to exist btween Scotland & England. Think Northern Ireland.
    Eighty percent of Scottish exports come south with only twenty percent in to the EU. No more tarrif free trade in to England then.
    No more free movement of Scots in England & existing Scots living here having to apply for "settled status" !
    Have you heard of the Barnett Formula ? Funding from Westminster pays thirty percent more per head of population to the Scots than to the English.
    I think most of us south of the border are sick & tired of Wee Krankie whinging about her independence & her love of everything EU.
    In my view the sooner she takes Scotland out of the Union the better.
    Free NHS prescriptions for all in Scotland at the moment not paid for by Wee Krankis.