Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funky Forum Theme.

Funky Forum Theme.

I thought my eyes had gone funny for a moment there.

Bit of a surprise but the branding change grows on you, I already like the new look.

Another change I've noticed is that the 'Home' button now takes you to the forum hompage rather than to the main Living Made Easy website, so it now works the same as the 'Forum' button.
    Don't know yet if anything else has changed, but I expect there will be a few tweaks to make.

First tweak needed, there are a few alignment issues in the 'Additional Options' boxes below the advanced post editor but nothing major, it just becaus the seperating lines are now thicker and covering the top of the texts.
    Plus the current 3 advanced editor toolbars could be combined onto one line, but that may have been done for use with phones?
    Last edited by nukecad; 12-05-21 at 15:00.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I've just tried to start a thread in ask about equipment & it's not working right. I started typing the title of the thread in the title box & I can see something very faint in white writing, then there is a red wavy line under that. I can type the post in the big box but don't know if the title is correct because I can't see it
    Last edited by StarBright; 12-05-21 at 20:22.

Super Moderator
    Morning all,

Thank you for your comments and apologies for these style issues.

The text colour in the title box for new posts has been fixed.

We are working on the other tweaks now.

Best wishes

Text in editor title box is OK for me.

But the standard text in various places is way too light.
    It's a forum for people with disabilities including visual impairments.

I should have thought you would have evaluated the theme against WCAG before going live.

I'll attach some examples.

Capture.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    Last edited by nukecad; 13-05-21 at 10:55.

Next glitch/tweak needed:

The editor preview shows up as black text on a blue background making it harder to read.
    Any quotes then appear as black text on white - making the whole preview screen look like a dogs dinner.
    It's not a preview of what the post will actually look like when made.

Attachment 2330
    Last edited by nukecad; 13-05-21 at 11:41.

Why are they still using this archaic software anyway? It's slow, clumsy and barely supported any more. Xenforo is so much better . . .

Thanks for the quick responses DLFteam, the text is looking much more readable now and the preview background back to white.

I'm sure if anyone spots any other needed or desirable tweaks they will shout up

As for using vB software.

Admitted the version of vB in use here is an older one at v4.2.5, which has indeed been EOL since December 2017 - so it could really do with an upgrade to v5.##.

But of course upgrades cost money which has to come from somewhere, however using an EOL product is not the best/safest thing to do.
    (Many people still use Windows 7 or even XP, both of which are EOL).

vB is still developed/supported, and v5.6.4 was released just 6 months ago in October 2020.
    https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...e-for-download

TBH being a mod on various fora with various underlying softwares (including both vB and Xenforo) I now much prefer Invision Community Suite.
    For the general look, and for ease of use both by the members and by the Mods/Admin who have extra controls regular users don't see.

As with most things a lot comes down to personal preferences, and what you can afford.
    Last edited by nukecad; 14-05-21 at 08:37.

Super Moderator
    Morning Nukecad,

You're welcome. We should have planned the style changes a lot better and perhaps taken the site down temporarily until checks had been completed, so apologies again.

As you have probably noticed, we are undergoing a refresh and rebrand of our websites, including this forum and will shortly be upgrading the software that runs Youreable.

Although we don't have an exact date for the upgrade, we will make sure to communicate any potential changes / downtime well in advance.

Many thanks

Hi DLFteam,

It seems that during the recent rebrand/style changes of the forum some links may have gone missing.

For example today I tried to follow the link in this post: https://youreable.livingmadeeasy.org...ll=1#post76502
    But when clicked that now redirects to the livingmadeeasy homepage.

There's another link to the same page lower down that thread and that also redirects to the homepage.

Ok, it's a link to an old page and so the page may have been archived?

Super Moderator
    Hi Nukecad, thanks for notifying us, we will look into this.