Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: No £20 Uplift - Finally going to High Court

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Just to note that NS ESA is not a 'Legacy Benefit' - it's a 'New Style' benefit and is Contribution Based only.
    The legacy benefit is 'Old Style' ESA.

Presumably you have savings/capital that prevent you from claiming UC as well as NS ESA? Even though you did qualify for WTC.

It's slightly odd in that way because although Tax Credits are Income Related they don't have any savings/capital limit like all the other IR benefits do
    So you could still get WTC/CTC even if you had savings/capital over £16,000 that would stop you getting other IR benefits.
    That difference is because Tax Credits are administered by HMRC not by the DWP. And it's one of the reasons why they are being migrated to UC, so as to come under the same limits.
    Partner works 10hrs a week but she has in stocks and shares paid from an accident compensation (before we met) 25 years ago so we cannot claim any income based benefits.
    So unless I get support group from my recent assessment I shall have zero entitlement from December 2022 except NI credits.

Just in case anyone was wondering (because the UC uplift will be ending soon) this hasn't come to High Court yet.

They asked for it to be listed for hearing this month, July, but I can't find anything new since the Judicial Review was granted back in April.

The uplift in UC being due to end should not affect the Judicial Review which is about what has already been missed from legacy IR benefits (as well as what may be missed in future if it's heard before the uplift ends).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Just in case anyone was wondering (because the UC uplift will be ending soon) this hasn't come to High Court yet.

They asked for it to be listed for hearing this month, July, but I can't find anything new since the Judicial Review was granted back in April.

The uplift in UC being due to end should not affect the Judicial Review which is about what has already been missed from legacy IR benefits (as well as what may be missed in future if it's heard before the uplift ends).
    Very starnge why we have not had date for courtcase yet. 9 days left in this month.
    did i read it right that supoosed to be in court by end of this month?

These things take time, the High Court doesn't normally have much spare time and cases are heard in order.
    (Unless there is a specific reason for bumping other cases off the courts list).

The defendants (the claimants) asked for it to be listed (scheduled to start) before the end of July, but that's only an ask.

I've also been keeping an eye open for any progress, but haven't seen anything yet.
    There is probably a provisional date set for it to start, but just not published on the courts lists yet.

The lists aren't published too far in advance because nobody can say how long each case will take, so they can't stick to set dates for futre cases.
    It's like any queue, if the ones in front are taking time then you have to wait longer for your turn.

These things take time, the High Court doesn't normally have much spare time and cases are heard in order.
    (Unless there is a specific reason for bumping other cases off the courts list).

The defendants (the claimants) asked for it to be listed (scheduled to start) before the end of July, but that's only an ask.

I've also been keeping an eye open for any progress, but haven't seen anything yet.
    There is probably a provisional date set for it to start, but just not published on the courts lists yet.

The lists aren't published too far in advance because nobody can say how long each case will take, so they can't stick to set dates for futre cases.
    It's like any queue, if the ones in front are taking time then you have to wait longer for your turn.
    Thanks for the good explanation.

According to B&W the judicial review/final hearing is going to take place on 28-29 september

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/fo...hearing-latest

Quote Originally Posted by diesel70 View Post
    According to B&W the judicial review/final hearing is going to take place on 28-29 september

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/fo...hearing-latest
    Can confirm that, here is the official announcement.

https://osborneslaw.com/blog/2m-with...ge-government/

Interesting that the press don't seem to have noticed this yet.

Or can't be bothered to publish it?

Then of course there is the other quiet revolution going on where the Government are attempting to put an end to Judicial Reviews altogether, or seriously hamstring the courts, so that there will then be no route to challenge government wrongdoing:
    https://www.politics.co.uk/comment/2...on-the-courts/
    Attacks on judicial review are not just an attack on a particular legal instrument. They are an attack on the concept of the rule of law and in particular the notion that the government should be restrained by it.
    Last edited by nukecad; 02-08-21 at 10:40.

One more week left in September and not heard anything regarding court proceedings against DWP and the £20 uplift. Anyone in the know? Looks like they are going to the wire on this. Would be interesting to know what all this court thing will cost. Ta.

Haven't heard a thing

Quote Originally Posted by scrubingcookers View Post
    One more week left in September and not heard anything regarding court proceedings against DWP and the £20 uplift. Anyone in the know? Looks like they are going to the wire on this. Would be interesting to know what all this court thing will cost. Ta.
    Haven't heard a thing either. Just from reading this thread, I think a court case going ahead on 28th-29th this month regarding if people on ESA should have got the same £20 uplift UC got ?

will there be a way to watch the court case live anywhere or to listen in ?