Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: No £20 Uplift - Finally going to High Court

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Not getting my hopes up but how nice would this back payment be just before Xmas. I guess it just depends if the Gov I.T systems can process payments.
    More likely a summer holiday bonus if you do win it, there wont be a chance it will be paid before xmas.

You did read the "at least"? (I underlined it).

And even if it is a quick ruling that they should pay, and even if the DWP don't appeal, it could take months before you see anything.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    You did read the "at least"? (I underlined it).

And even if it is a quick ruling that they should pay, and even if the DWP don't appeal, it could take months before you see anything.
    Hey everyone, spoke to Phil again (One of the ESA claimants pushing the case), and he has said that his solicitor has told him that any decision by the 26th is extremely unlikely as the judge has been asking for more information.

Chris, please thank your friend Phil for his strength and determination in taking on this challenge,and getting it into the high court,lets hope how ever long it takes that justice is served,because that's what it will feel like to me! we should be protected from this type of discrimination,thanks again xx

Judges should make free the next working day or two. Directly after a hearing to make the decision then. While everything is still fresh of mind, rather than announcing it a month later or so...

Especially with this case originally granted it before the end of July. Then cancelling September. Furthermore cancelling a day last week. It's hardly been a smooth ride for us. But then we have come to expect it !.

Quote Originally Posted by imadreamer View Post
    Judges should make free the next working day or two. Directly after a hearing to make the decision then. While everything is still fresh of mind, rather than announcing it a month later or so...

Especially with this case originally granted it before the end of July. Then cancelling September. Furthermore cancelling a day last week. It's hardly been a smooth ride for us. But then we have come to expect it !.
    The outcome should have been made at the end of the second day

Quote Originally Posted by gbhxu View Post
    The outcome should have been made at the end of the second day
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the judge has asked both sides for more evidence and they have a month to supply it.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the judge has asked both sides for more evidence and they have a month to supply it.
    Here's a link to the latest https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare...egacy-benefits

That's actually an ICO ruling and not the High Court, but the judge may want to wait and see just what the DWP release before passing judgement.

However that ICO ruling is only relevant to whoever made the Freedom of Information request, so the Judge would have to give his own direction to the DWP if he wants a copy.
    And of course he has more power than the ICO anyway.

The DWP don't have to release the information publicly, only to whoever made the request and then the complaint to the ICO.
    However once the requester has it then they'll probably make it public. Or if they made the request on whatdotheyknow then it will be publicly available once provided by the DWP.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi again,so to put this in simple terms,the DWP are being made to show how they came to the decision not to uplift legacy benefits,they have 35 days to do this,then the judge can conclude his decision on the ruling,yes we get the backdated uplift,or we don't ? ! it's a long drawn out process isn't it !