Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA Computer?

ESA Computer?

Is there any disadvantage to filling in the ESA50 form on computer? Guess it's just a process of printing off and stapling?

The only disadvantage that I have found is that if you print it off single sided it won't fit in their pre-addressed/pre-paid envelope provided.
    Twice as many sheets so twice as thick. (And you may have trouble getting a staple through).

If your are familiar with your printer and feeling ambitious you could print it double sided so there's only half as many sheets.

The last 2 times I just printed it single sided, put it in a bigger envelope, and taped their envelope onto mine so that the address and pre-paid postage is showing.

The main advantage of doing it on your computer is that you can easily save it so you have a record that you can always use again next time.
    (Even if they change the form you can copy/paste your answers into the new one).

And of course you can go back and edit your answers, which you can't do if you have used a pen.

TBH it's about time that all their forms were online so that you don't have to send them back and forth through the post.
    Even an address where you could email your completed PDF would be an improvement.

If nothing else think of all the paper and ink that would save, plus the fuel for the delivery vans. Much more ecologically friendly.
    You'd think the DWP would have realised that if they went mainly online they would save a fortune having forms printed and paying for posting them about.
    Of course they'd still need some paper forms for those who couldn't do them online.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    The only disadvantage that I have found is that if you print it off single sided it won't fit in their pre-addressed/pre-paid envelope provided.
    Twice as many sheets so twice as thick. (And you may have trouble getting a staple through).

If your are familiar with your printer and feeling ambitious you could print it double sided so there's only half as many sheets.

The last 2 times I just printed it single sided, put it in a bigger envelope, and taped their envelope onto mine so that the address and pre-paid postage is showing.

The main advantage of doing it on your computer is that you can easily save it so you have a record that you can always use again next time.
    (Even if they change the form you can copy/paste your answers into the new one).

And of course you can go back and edit your answers, which you can't do if you have used a pen.

TBH it's about time that all their forms were online so that you don't have to send them back and forth through the post.
    Even an address where you could email your completed PDF would be an improvement.

If nothing else think of all the paper and ink that would save, plus the fuel for the delivery vans. Much more ecologically friendly.
    You'd think the DWP would have realised that if they went mainly online they would save a fortune having forms printed and paying for posting them about.
    Of course they'd still need some paper forms for those who couldn't do them online.
    Guessing you didn't have any issues with doing it this way not printing on both sides using your own envelope etc

My renewal was due for Jan 2021, but received a letter stating it had been extended till August so thought I'd prepare myself abit so I'm not stressing when the brown "thing" comes through the letterbox

Are home visit's still suspended due to COVID19? Thinking by August with 99% of restrictions hopefully lifted they will start doing them again
    Last edited by Beddz; 30-04-21 at 06:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Beddz View Post
    My renewal was due for Jan 2021, but received a letter stating it had been extended till August
    Hold on -
    Are we talking about ESA or PIP?

It's PIP that has been getting extension letters for covid.

ESA does not need to be extended because all ESA is 'ongoing' anyway, it doesn't have an end date like PIP does.
    So there is no need for an extension of ESA, and it would be meaningless to send a letter saying it's been extended.

If it's for PIP the the way of doing the form on computer is different, there isn't a PIP2/AR1 that you can download and fill in but there ways that it can be done.

Home visits and Face to Face assessments are now possible but only when really needed, almost all assessments are being done over the telephone. (So like a home visit but no one actually comes to your home).
    Video assessments are also now possible, (Skype, Zoom, etc.), but I've not heard of anyone having one yet.

PS. The DWP are now using white envelopes instead of brown ones, I got my first white one 2 days ago.
    https://youreable.livingmadeeasy.org...l=1#post174729
    Last edited by nukecad; 30-04-21 at 07:10.

Hold on -
    Are we talking about ESA or PIP?

It's PIP that has been getting extension letters for covid.

ESA does not need to be extended because all ESA is 'ongoing' anyway, it doesn't have an end date like PIP does.
    So there is no need for an extension of ESA, and it would be meaningless to send a letter saying it's been extended.

If it's for PIP the the way of doing the form on computer is different, there isn't a PIP2/AR1 that you can download and fill in but there ways that it can be done.

Home visits and Face to Face assessments are now possible but only when really needed, almost all assessments are being done over the telephone. (So like a home visit but no one actually comes to your home).
    Video assessments are also now possible, (Skype, Zoom, etc.), but I've not heard of anyone having one yet.

PS. The DWP are now using white envelopes instead of brown ones, I got my first white one 2 days ago.
    https://youreable.livingmadeeasy.org...l=1#post174729
    Was defo an ESA letter stating my renewal had been extended from Jan 2021 to August 2021, my PIP isnt due for renewal till October 2021

Very odd, as said all ESA is 'ongoing'. It's meaningless to 'extend' something that is already ongoing. (And 7 months would be a very odd extension anyway).

Are you sure you haven't misread the letter?

PS. I though that you were moving house and so migrating to UC anyway, did that fall through?

Very odd, as said all ESA is 'ongoing'. It's meaningless to 'extend' something that is already ongoing. (And 7 months would be a very odd extension anyway).

Are you sure you haven't misread the letter?

PS. I though that you were moving house and so migrating to UC anyway, did that fall through?
    Local council haven't found anything medically suitable yet they changed the criteria recently to only allow bids on properties with a "wet room" as well as 2 bed ground floor which in my area don't come up at all tbh

You had me all worried that I may have gotten confused with the letter being ESA or PIP haha, contacted the ESA DWP enquires line who confirmed my renewal was extended from Jan to August 2021 due to COVID19 my file has yet to be sent over to the relevant assessor at this current time

Mmm, it still doesn't make sense.

As said there is nothing to be 'extended' in ESA, apart from timescales for returning forms.

(Unless possibly for a new claim for 'New Style' ESA that hasn't had an assessment at all before 365 days so does run out, and I've not heard of them extending those).

I wouldn't worry, unless its a new claim for 'New Style' ESA then if your are in either group your ESA should continue anyway.
    In New Style ESA if you are in Support Group it will continue anyway.

Sorry to hear about the flat situation, I'm very close to getting one but not quite fully there yet.
    (Close enough that they have asked if I want the carpets leaving in, but still a few hurdles to pass before I get a formal offer).

Mmm, it still doesn't make sense.

As said there is nothing to be 'extended' in ESA, apart from timescales for returning forms.

(Unless possibly for a new claim for 'New Style' ESA that hasn't had an assessment at all before 365 days so does run out, and I've not heard of them extending those).

I wouldn't worry, unless its a new claim for 'New Style' ESA then if your are in either group your ESA should continue anyway.
    In New Style ESA if you are in Support Group it will continue anyway.

Sorry to hear about the flat situation, I'm very close to getting one but not quite fully there yet.
    (Close enough that they have asked if I want the carpets leaving in, but still a few hurdles to pass before I get a formal offer).
    Ah have you been to the view the place? Hopefully you get the news of the offer soon Nukecad, just a question regarding the computer form did you use block capitals for all answers? And did you use like a clear plastic wallet to keep them all nearly together when sending posting it to the DWP/Maximus?
    Last edited by Beddz; 06-05-21 at 15:00.

Nope just typed as normal, they ask for capitals because handwriting can be unreadable
    (Mine is to most people).

First time I stapled in two halves and then stappled some of the middle sheets together, bit fiddly.

Since then I've punched them and used file clips or legal clips, cheap enough and better than staples for lots of pages.

Not been round to the flat, couldn't do anything but look through the windows anyway.