Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PIP renewal advice please

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    We know that they are changing the wording etc. of some forms at the moment, so the one you got may be a trial or 'beta' version.

(I've seen one version of the AR1/PIP.1043 where all the usually seperate notes had been included in the main form, making it more pages than ususal).

Yes, fill it out as if this were a brand new claim. Especially if there isn't a 'No change' box.

All PIP reviews/reassessments are in fact new claims, it's just that the DWP don't call them new claims because they know you have qualified previously.

You can never assume that the the person looking at it this time has access to what you put previously, (they may have but may not), so cover yourself by stating it all again.

We always advise that you should keep a copy of anything you send to the DWP, that way you have a record of what you said last time if/when you need to say it again.
    thats great, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by grrrrrowl View Post
    That's food for thought, will keep this in mind for my future decisions. Thanks
    I've just been reminded of this rightsnet thread as there is a new post on it today:
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/16987/

It's mainly about why the DWP keep insisting that they can't change (extend) an award that has been made by tribunal, but it shows the point that awards (and so payments) are stopping because they are not being assessed before the old award runs out.

PS. Unless they (the government) change something then you don't get the new award backpaid to when the old award stopped either.

The old award stops on it's end date (or when a new award is made if earlier). - The new award starts on the date it is made. - End of story as things stand and there is nothing to cover any gap.
    That's another reason why they have always done PIP reviews/renewals well before the end date, to avoid that gap situation happening in 'normal' times. (It still did happen occasionally, but nothing like how often it is now).
    Last edited by nukecad; 29-04-21 at 14:28.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I've always had my reviews around a year out. It always made me wonder what the point of awarding me 3 years was for when I kept getting having to go to an assessment (and tribunal) every couple of years!

Thank you. Do you know roughly how long it takes to hear from them once i send the form back? (Only asking as i've had to ask for a replacement form and still waiting for it to arrive (don't ask)

I'm not sure on the timesaclles between sending the form and having the telephone assessment call, but reports recently have been showing one or two weeks between the phone call and the decision being made.

Maybe someone who has had an assessment recently could comment on the wait between sending the form and getting the call?
    But things change quickly under covid and if they start doing more assessments then timescales will slide.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.