Thread: Pip reassessment

Pip reassessment

Hi everyone.

I had my reassessment forms through this morning. Very similar to those I received in 2018. However when I read what supporting evidence they didn't want was " A supporting letter from your GP". In the past I have relied heavily on her for explaining my medical history and also for requesting a home visit. Truthfully other than my list of medications I don't have other paperwork.

I have no.problem filling out the questionnaire as I have copies of my previous forms and the decision makers reports.

Please does anyone have any advice for me.

Many thanks
    Nina

Send a supporting letter from your GP if you can get one.

They can't dictate what evidence you do or don't send, that's entirely your choice.

The can suggest what you should or shouldn't send - but those are only suggestions.

Even where it says 'What not to send' you can ignore that and send it if you want to. (But then they can also ignore it as not relevant when they get it).

If you send some evidence and they ignore it then if you later have to go to tribunal they will have to explain to the court just why they have ignored your evidence.

PS. - What number (and date) is at the bottom of the pages of the form you got?
    PIP2? AR1? PIP.1043?, something else?

I suspect that it will be "PIP2 January 2021" which is the new version (50 pages long).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi nuke

It's the PIP 1043

Nina

It's only 7 pages long and it has to be returned by 18th July.

Thank you for your help.

Nina

That's the AR1 just under a different number, and yes in the supporting notes it does say not to send "A supporting letter from your GP".

The reason that it says not to send one is because when it was in the 'What to Send' column, on older forms, some people thought they had to get one.
    Some were paying GP practices up to £50 a time for 'supporting letters' that when read where useless as support anyway and just had a list of conditions and repeat prescriptions, both list which you can get for free simply by asking for them.

So it's meant to save people wasting money, basically it means - Don't pay specially for a supporting letter from your GP, which may be useless anyway.

But if you already have one, or can get one for free, then send it. Just don't pay specially for one.

Thank you. My GP doesn't charge for the letter.

I know ESA a is totally different benefit, but would my ESA85A stating that my award is due to regulation 35 be of any help?

Many thanks
    Nina

As you say they are judging different things, but I'd send a copy of it if you think it may help.

If you send it they can decide if it's relevant or not, if you don't send it they don't have a chance to even consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    As you say they are judging different things, but I'd send a copy of it if you think it may help.

If you send it they can decide if it's relevant or not, if you don't send it they don't have a chance to even
    consider it.
    Im sure we had this or somthing simular a couple of years back, when I was applying for PIP years ago I asked my GP for a letter he said theres no need cos they write and ask him, dont know if they ever did but it didnt really matter coz I was awarded PIP without a letter. A letter from your GP is good but really useless They want to know how your condition affects you and the GP doesnt know that. A better source would be your occupational therapist

Hi all
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has supported me and given advice with my claim for benefits, especially nuke
    Today I got a letter saying my PIP has stayed at enhanced for both daily living and mobility for an ongoing period, without having to have a consultation. So thank you all so very much.

Nina