Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Contribution to personal pension

OK, I believe I've got it now.

You claimed UC on 17 May, and they will have been deducting the ESA from UC payments already.

As this months AP ended on 16th July then your next UC payment should be 22nd/23rd July and there should be a statement on your journal before then saying how much it will be for.
    I'm assuming that is the statement you referred to above.

Your ESA ended on 19th June, 3 days after your June 17-July 16 AP started.

So the ESA to be deducted from UC in July's UC payment will be 3 days worth (17th, 18th, & 19th June); UC calculates that as £74.70 x 52 / 365 x 3 = £31.93 to be deducted.

It's correct to deduct the £31.93 from your UC this month for ESA payments - payments made during the month 17th June-16th July.

Now for some reason ESA have paid you another days ESA, 2 weeks after the claim closed. ESA calculates that as £74.70 / 7 x 1 = £10.68.
    (As you can see ESA and UC calculate days/weeks slightly differently).
    I'm not sure what that extra days payment is for, maybe they had paid you a day short at the start and they were just tidying things up?
    It should not make any difference to UC though, especially if it was owed from before you claimed UC.
    If it was supposed to be deducted from UC then they have had plenty of time since the 2nd to factor it in this month.

If there is no change to ESA (ie. if you are not put in Support Group) before 16th August then your UC payment due on 23rd August will have no ESA to be deducted.
    (Possibly that £10.68, but I doubt it. As said that should have been deducted this month if it was going to be deducted).
    Last edited by nukecad; 18-07-21 at 11:51.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you that would explain it, as I looked across my bank statements and my first ESA was in July had to wait week for it from the 18 June 2020 so on 3 July 2020 first ESA was made; still least that sort of clarifiies it up but thank you.

Let's hope not much longer and right result and being deaf not hearing HCA from waiting room and that without my aids in frustrating.