Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Contribution to personal pension

Ok thank you done all that as you say long time ago so least I'm organised. I guess I'm too much being honest but oh well; really hope not any gaps; I did have a day late on Fit Note which they know about and they told me about the 7 day allowance but least did my best to get it on them in time. It's just frustrating not hearing the ambulance sound without them when I'm asleep etc; just if I worked in a warehouse not hearing my name further away etc big concern for an employer etc even if missed with hearing aids in. My GP knows my struggles now and put the descriptor in bold so clearly he knows; which descriptor to describe to them; I am partly worried because I moved house and not met him yet!

If still on this after 20 June in assessment stage; I think it will go down slightly; have a dentist checkup appointment; have prepared incase I need a filling etc so least I am being consious about my finances etc; guess bit to consiensious but rather tread carefully; if I have to face myself going to UC whilst a decision is being made; if have done Fit Note to ESA in that time does a seperate need to go to UC seperate; or can I use same? I doubt my GP will want to do another I just was not sure if another from date of when apply to UC etc.
    Last edited by anonymous; 24-04-21 at 10:45.

If you supply a fit note for one that it covers the other as well.

It's an interesting question though; I've not seen it asked before so I guess no one has had a problem with it.
    (That's the nature of fora - we only normally only hear about problems - if it's not a problem then no one asks).

It's many years since I had to send the DWP a fit note but personally I'd upload the fit note to ESA online, then if UC ask any questions you can point to that.
    https://www.gov.uk/send-fit-note
    Oddly although UC is supposed to be digital you can't do that for UC yet.

PS. Both ESA and UC had stopped the requirement for sending fit notes during lockdown, but things can change quickly under covid and I have no idea what they want this week.

Best advice is get a fit note if you can, upload it to ESA if you can, and keep it safe because they may ask for it later.
    Last edited by nukecad; 24-04-21 at 19:28.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I got the standard automatic letter saying expiring 19 June 2021; so least was expecting it to come; see whether other letter follows suit or not but least prepared for it and have prepared to wait for Support Group payments and things; oh well just hope not a long wait if they do decide a Face to Face must be done. I'm just worried having not met my GP yet as I moved house; but see if he will do it or not but least a start.

They can now make all/any ESA decisions from a telephone assessment, so things have improved from that aspect.

If you've already had a telephone assessment that couldn't give a decision at the time you may get another one now that things have changed.

F2F's and home visits are now possible again, but they are currently only being used for those who can't do a telephone assessment because of deafness etc.

GP's practice manager said she has agreed to sort out the letter.

I think they are going to be mentioning about my accidents; and having been on IIDB and how much was registered disabled etc; do you think worthwhile sending the letter to IIDB as well if it is metioned.?

They called it a To Whom It May Cocnern letter I guess normal, do you think they'll send me a copy or just send direct to DWP?
    Last edited by anonymous; 06-05-21 at 10:14.

Yes been getting the fit notes and kept them all in filing. I'll have to get another 31 May oh well.

i may have reason to take my capital down for a purchase of my own; please could you tell me how much do you think I'd be looking at for UC with 15,300, lowest prepared to go down to 15,100 in capital for a 41 year old this August coming? before the uplift and with uplift would be of help to know for budget. I don't think I'll be looking at moving out any time soon not way things are.

If I get this purchase and it goes down, will there still be 5 week wait time? Do I have to tell them I am on ESA on signing up for UC? I am just unsure with having no assessment yet etc.
    Last edited by anonymous; 08-05-21 at 09:40.

For each £250 (or any part of £250) you have over £6,000, your Universal Credit will reduce by £4.35 in each assessment period.

You can use one (or more) of the benefit calculators to see how much UC you could get in any particular circumstance, just tell it that you have whatever savings you want it to calculate for.
    https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

If the calculator doesn't tell you with/without the covid uplift; then the covid uplift in UC is 86.67 a month so you can knock that off yourself to see what it would be without the uplift.

Remember though the deprivation rules as discussed above may apply to what you are intending spending any money on.
    It has to be 'reasonable' spending and not just spent so that you can then claim UC.

If you do claim UC then it's the same as any other new claim as regards waiting, etc.
    And yes they do ask what benefits you are already claiming when you are signing up for UC.

Yes I was considering a spare set of hearing aids; I have quite a bad hearing impairment and infections; be sensible to get a spare set in case needing repair of my present set I guess.

I found some of my capital I think around £2300 of it is from a settlement agreement, this is a long time ago back in 2011; I realise anything for redundancy £6000 is disregarded but is this too long ago; I have the settlement agreement as proof of this being done just am unsure that they'd want copy of that being so old. This was for discrimination/early terminaton of employment because I didn't pass probation they paid me my remaining four months. I think £1300 from my Gran when she passed/£1000 from the settlement agreement. I am just unsure about money from inheritance as well.
    Last edited by anonymous; 08-05-21 at 16:46.

They are treating as urgent now and hopefully getting to a Face to Face soon as they can, so let's hope this is sorted out. Lo and be hold though found some clothes do not fit anymore imo so need to get new clothes but will tread carefully what do need and so forth, typical though oh well.

Given all you have said and thank you least something I suppose; clothes will never be same and will always need replacing imo oh well.

I realise a five week wait.

In your opinion what would you do.

The debt will be paid off on 1 June for which still two more payments of ESA are still in window to be paid till 18 June; and have seen on calculators won't get any UC whilst on ESA assessment rate.

Would you do

a) Sign up on 2 June new fit note arrives allow the 5 week wait then potential first UC be end July ish
    b) Sign up on 19 June then 5 week wait but first potential payment be end of August

Should I be refused and my profile deactivated after so long. I do not really want to miss any payments from end of June.

Thanks