Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UC change of circumstances

Hi nukecad, just a quick question for you pls .

I’m still waiting for my tenancy agreement and not sure I’ll receive it before that 12th May ( 12th is the end of my assessment month for UC) . If I notify them of a change of circumstances with new address and rent amount before the 12th/now and then send/ upload my tenancy after the 12th , do you think I’d have an issue getting the rent backdated to beginning of assessment month?

I don't think that that would work.

The change of circumstances happens when the new tenancy starts (and you become liable for rent) not before.

I think I'd tell them anyway, but UC-HE would only be backdated to the start of the month in which the tenancy actually starts.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Oh I know I can’t expect them to backdate it before the tenancy date .
    The tenancy starts on the 10th and I’ll be moving in but I’m just worried if I don’t get my tenancy agreement before the 12th and that’s the end date of my assessment month .

That's fine, I think Ig'd just tell them on the 10th (or anytime before the 12th) that you have a CoC new tenancy that started on the 10th.

(Bugger, our powers just gone off, lucky I'm on the laptop).

That’s great thanks nukecad .

My assessment month runs from 13th - 12th , if for any reason I told them on the 12th would that still count and be backdated?

Sorry I’m just panicking a bit .

Hope your electricity comes back on .

Electric currently estimated to be off until half seven, underground cable fault.

Oh that’s annoying, hopefully it’s back on now .

Quote Originally Posted by Pau View Post
    My assessment month runs from 13th - 12th , if for any reason I told them on the 12th would that still count and be backdated?
    Yes, it should be backdated to the start of the month in which the change occured and you reported it - as per that quoted paragraph in post #14.
    ... all changes are applied from the beginning of the assessment month in which they take place (if
    reported in the assessment period within which they occurred). ...
    PS. Electricity came back on at 10 past 4, then off again at 20 past, on again at half past, off again at quarter to, and finally back on at just gone 5.

Despite what they say about underground cables we know it the old sub-station, they keep patching it up but it needs totally replacing.
    We get a cut at least 3 or 4 times a year, so I've learnt not to be too hasting resetting timers when it comes on because it will probably go off again.

Thanks for that nukecad.

That’s really annoying about you electricity, any news on you social housing ? Hopefully you won’t have to deal with it much longer , unless of course it’s the whole neighbourhood ( I remember you said the place is not too far ) .

It's just part of rural living; infrastructure doesn't get the same investment/priority as it does in the cities.

In this case it's about 20 properties on one side of the market place that are on that particular old sub-station, mostly shops with flats above.
    They keep replacing parts of it piecemeal but it needs a new main transformer unit, that's a much bigger job needing heavy machinery but until it's done the other equipment is going to keep getting overloaded from time to time, the fuses blowing or the equipment burning out.

No word on the Social Housing all week, but look on the bright side that means they haven't said no.
    And they are usually pretty quick if there's a reason to say no, so they can then start checking/referencing the next in line.
    I believe that they were doing some work in there so they may be waiting until that is done?
    It's still showing on the bidding site that I can't bid on another property at the moment because I've already been offered one.