Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: UC change of circumstances

Oh let’s hope you get it and won’t have to deal with anymore power cuts, the feeling of closing your own front door and knowing you don’t need to deal with anyone else must be bliss lol

Had a call from the lass at the HA, she's still waiting for the 'Affordability Team' to get back to her before she can make an official offer.
    Hello, I'm on IR ESA - the rent is going to be paid in full direct to them by HB/UC, and I'll get full CTR (Plus gas, electricity, etc. will be cheaper than here).

I think it's more to the point there are apparenty still workmen doing something in there, so it's not ready to hand over anyway.

Might have a walk round and squint through the windows.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Seems ridiculous but I suppose they have to follow their set procedures.

Been round, but the way it is laid out I can't do much more than look through the kitchen window, the kitchen looks tidy enough and had units but no appliances in there.
    I could probably have got round to the other side but wasn't going exploring past other peoples windows.

There were a couple of workmen there but 'we can't let you in because of covid', I hadn't even asked.
    They seemed to be tidying things up; one was washing down a kitchen wall - which is odd these days they usually leave things like that for the new tenant.
    Of course I couldn't see the other rooms.
    The one I was talking to did confirm that it's generally tidy and that they have been told to leave the carpets, which he said were in good condition.
    The carpet I saw in the hallway looked almost new, and that's the one that usually gets the most wear.
    For some reason he also made a point that it's an over bath shower. The ad on the bidding site said there was only a shower not a bath. (Maybe they have been fitting one?).

I do know that the flat got flooded in 2012 so maybe it's the first chance they have had to do 'property level' flood prevention works as well?
    It's not something that overly bothers me, I know the millions that have been spent on general flood prevention works in that area since the 2012 floods.

As with most things council/DWP it's just the usual waiting game again.
    Last edited by nukecad; 10-05-21 at 14:08.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hope you find out soon and hopefully it’s yours, you’re def right about all things DWP being a waiting game lol
    Keeps us posted nukecad.