Thread: PIP Review Assessment Cancelled

PIP Review Assessment Cancelled

Hi my son is stressing himself out so bad this morning he was due his assessment for the second time. The first appointment had to be cancelled due to him having covid 19 and not being well at all, so they made him a second appointment for today which is 2 weeks since his last appointment was cancelled.
    The health rang him and asked how he was and he told her he is still very ill from covid and she said she could hear it in his voice how poorly he was so suggested not going ahead with the assessment but he said DWP might stop his money because this would be his second cancelled appointment and the health professional said that wouldnt happened as she would put in her notes he was to unwell due to the affects off covid and gave him a number to ring to let capita know.
    He rang the number but they said they couldnt give him a new appointment yet as his cancelled appointment needs to be investigated first, this is why he is stressing out does anyone know what they mean by this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't worry. (and try to reassure your son not to worry).

As the assessor cancelled the assessment themselves it shouldn't be a problem.

It's probably just that when he rang the number they hadn't had the assessors notes yet, so couldn't give him a new appointment yet.
    Once they do have the notes they should simply make a new appointment.

PS. The rule is that you can cancel one appointment without giving a reason. (They can cancel as many times as they like).
    You can actually cancel multiple times, but any more than once then you have to show 'Good Reason' each time you cancel again, being ill with covid will almost certainly be accepted as good reason.
    But that doesn't/shouldn't matter here anyway, he didn't cancel it - the assessor did.

PPS. When does your sons current PIP award end? Has it been extended?
    Last edited by nukecad; 10-04-21 at 03:47.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you nukecad for your reassuring words his pip was due to runout in Jan 2021 but was extended to October2021.