Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LEAP Administrative PIP exercise

Here is a reply I had via my MP:-

Dear XXX,
    Thank you for your further email of 25 March on behalf of Mr XXX
    about the Legal Entitlements and Administrative Practices (LEAP)
    exercise following the MH and RJ judgments.

As I explained in my previous reply, the LEAP exercise is looking at
    entitlement decisions made by the Department. Where an independent
    Tribunal has decided entitlement, as in Mr XXX case, the Department
    has no jurisdiction to review that decision.

I understand that a Tribunal decided Mr XXX entitlement to Personal
    Independence Payment in 2017. The Tribunal would, therefore, have
    considered the MH and RJ judgments when deciding entitlement.

Should a claimant disagree with the Tribunal’s decision, they can appeal
    to the Upper Tribunal on a point of law. However, if Mr XXX
    circumstances have since changed, he can ask the Department to
    review his claim. It must, however, be keep in mind that rather than a
    review of the previous decision, this will be a review considering any
    changes in Mr XXX condition or in the way in which he manages it, and
    can affect his current entitlement.

I hope Mr XXX will find this reply helpful.

Kind regards,
    Justin Tomlinson MP
    Minister for Disabled People, Health and Work

It's interesting how Mr Tomlinson basically denies the entire basis for the LEAP administrative exercise in the 3rd paragraph! Absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrrrowl View Post
    I've popped him an email but I think he is looking at cases where they have been reviewed but not resulted in an increased award.
    Ryan is investigating the extremely low success rate of increased awards to reviewed cases for the LEAP exercise. I'm not relevant in that respect.
    Last edited by grrrrrowl; 27-04-21 at 18:06.

See there’s a story on benefits and work news section that the leap letters that were sent out are untrue surprise surprise one claimant challenged it and got £12.000 backdated is there a special phone number for leap as I’m almost certain to be affected by this had an pip assessment in March 2019 had low rate mobility and ended up with nothing on that front do get the daily living rate my mental health was bad at the time as I didn’t have the energy to challenge it

Quote Originally Posted by robbie66 View Post
    See there’s a story on benefits and work news section that the leap letters that were sent out are untrue surprise surprise one claimant challenged it and got £12.000 backdated is there a special phone number for leap as I’m almost certain to be affected by this had an pip assessment in March 2019 had low rate mobility and ended up with nothing on that front do get the daily living rate my mental health was bad at the time as I didn’t have the energy to challenge it
    Anything after Dec 2017 should already have taken MH/RJ into consideration so if you appeal your 2019 decision it won't be on that basis.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrrrowl View Post
    Ryan is investigating the extremely low success rate of increased awards to reviewed cases for the LEAP exercise. I'm not relevant in that respect.
    Ah well, it was worth a try for the sake of an email.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Ah well, it was worth a try for the sake of an email.
    Ryan passed my details on to a colleague who explained to me the difference of PIP not being able to revise a tribunal award but they can supersede. However they didn't mention 'revise' or 'supersede' in the letter they sent me so I need to get that clarified before I ask them to reconsider.

If they refuse that then I'm told that holds appeal rights (for FTT).

If you look at the latest B&W Newsletter there is an article about LEAP.
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ne...021+newsletter

Ok I've only just found out about this, just checked my award letter which is for MH issues Agoraphobia, Social Anxiety, Self Harm, BPD.... My letter states I was awarded 10 points for planning and following journeys and awarded standard rate from April 2017 until October 2022, should I be contacting the DWP asking for a review via this LEAP thing?

Update: Contacted DWP this morning who advised my PIP claim started in 2014 and I was last reviewed in 2018, LEAP team did review my claim in 2019 for MH/RJ but according to the DWP enquiry line they only went off my 2014 assessment report not 2017/2018 one. I have asked if this can be challenged which she said yes so hopefully LEAP team will be contacting me for further information or to advise whether my situation will change from 10 points mobility to 12... Did receive a text about 1-2hours after the phone call to say my claim is being looked at again.

Is there a special phone number for the leap team like the esa one a few years back ?