Thread: ESA reassessment

ESA reassessment

Hi everyone.
    Just thought I would inform people about my experience regarding an expected call from CHDA as my 18 month reassessment was due in January.

I rang DWP a month ago and they told me to expect a telephone assessment. When I hadn't been contacted after 4 weeks I rang again to be told my award for support group wouldn't be up for review until January 2023. Obviously paper based assessments are being done without having to fill out new forms.

I retire in May 2022 so hopefully that's it.

Good luck to everyone.

Nina

Something similar happened with me.

I was up for review around January this year, never got ESA50 form so I phoned them a couple weeks ago, was told my review date extended until January next year.

From what I can tell, they don't send out letters saying this like they do with PIP, you actually have to contact them to find out.

I think its because it is just a deferral, and not a new decision? They can still do an assessment whenever they want even next week if they wanted to, so legally nothing has changed. They dont print the dates on letters, so no need to make a new letter.

Glad for both of you.

I sent my daughter’s ESA 50 review form back in October 2019 and haven’t heard since.

I still keep receiving the usual letters such as what she’s eligible for as I did ring them a few months ago to inform them that she got married.

Haven’t heard anything else since then.

Hi All

Just an update - my daughter had her f2f assessment on 1st June which went ok and was mostly based on what she put on the form.

Recently got the letter and they have put her in the Support Group which is good news and she will get extra money each week.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Pleased everyone seems to be getting bit of good news for a change. My esa was due to be reassessed in 2015 i rang in 2017 to check and they looked on system and said don't worry when we want a review we'll send you a form that was it. My pip like everyone elses was set for a yr on from when it was due cos of covid so we'll see. Goodluck to everyone

Hello everyone

It does seem ESA have much more sensible approach, by extending awards after looking I hope, at the likelihood of those of us, who have been ill and disabled for many years - suddenly recovering so much overnight, that we are suddenly able to work.

I do hope my own ESA Support group award is extended too, this year.

Unlike PIP, who are reassessing everyone and their dog and getting very behind, by the sheer amount of reassessments. It has now been well over eight months since returning my "review" form and I've yet to hear their decision. I'm hoping they ignore the assessors report and actually read my evidence, and award me accordingly.

Here's hoping.