Thread: Wheelchair lounge/joggers with front opening

Wheelchair lounge/joggers with front opening

Hi All,
    Just a quick question. I am trying to find an affordable pair of mens lounge or straight leg jogging bottoms with a front opening like a drop down flap or buttoned/velcro fly. The ones from able2go are very expensive £57 a pair which I find excessive. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Take care and stay safe
    Joe

Do you know anyone who sews and could adapt a standard pair for you.

If I were to adapt some I would unpick the front seam, put a placket on one side with velcro and velcro on the unadapted side so they would press together.
    Last edited by beau; 23-02-21 at 15:24.

Worth a try but with my sausage fingers bound to make a mess of it lol but thanks for the reply

Keep your ears open for someone who does sewing/dressmaking from home. Do not entertain the companies who will charge you an arm and a leg making it cheaper to buy the expensive versions.
    I am a sewer and I would do that myself.

Without sewing:
    We use to use these kinds of things when making costumes for amateur dramatics.

Iron on hemming tape, there are others to choose from:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fabric-Fusi.../dp/B06X6GRDNG

Snap fasteners like these need no sewing and are quick/easy to fit, once you get the hang of it:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ilauke-Butt...kitchen&sr=1-3

I think I'd make a rectangular flap using the hemming tape and then fit snap fasteners all round so that it could be used as a flap or totally removed.
    If you can fit the fasteners through the hems that's extra security for the tape.

Then cut a rectange out of some (cheap) jogging bottoms, use the hemming tape to tidy up the edges, then matching snap fasteners to fit the flap to.
    The waist band would probably be the awkward bit to do on the trousers, but you'll want a snap fastner through that which will help.

As the flap(s) would be totally removable you could swap them between pants, saving making new ones, or mixing different colours?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.